cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to simplify SD screens

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Do you know of any (SAP or market) solution to the following requirement?

We need to expose our warehouse clerks to sales order creation or change in SAP.As of today, our warehouse clerks perform during their working day some additional activities which have to be accounted for and invoiced to the customer concerned. The idea would be not to involve sales office in this process.

Just an exemple: receive oil sample from customer's installation and send it out for chemical analysis to a third party. Ideally I would just need to put at their disposal a simple screen where they select a business case (here: oil sample) and then enter the customer, a text comment and the quantity.

Such system should enable defaulting all other data necessary to create a sales order in a similar way as with TCode VA01. This order will then be invoiced at the end of the day by our invoicing job running for all "material" sales of the day.

We would like to avoid having an in-house ABAP skills. My preference would be to have a system in which an educated SAP user, but not an ABAP programmer, can design user's screen and map it with TCode requirements enabling back-end sales order creation. Ideally it should be flexible enough and user-friendly to do a similar job with regards to other SAP TCodes if required.

Any bright ideas?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Andrej,

In order to avoid ABAP work for your requirement,simple solution is to use Transaction Variant via SHD0.With the help of this T-code you can default any field with some value and make any field mandatory.

Please refer to the following documents :

Transaction and Screen Variants for limiting Standard Transactions

Transaction and Screen Variants for specific User groups and adopting it in the standard Transaction...

Hope it could help you!

Regards,

Siddharth

Answers (9)

Answers (9)

vishal_mehta
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Andrej,

Hope you must have found the ideal solution based on the expert responses. Just to put things in perspective of another non-ABAP way of operating, let me point you to a scenario/example done in GuiXT:

Best,

Vishal

Former Member
0 Kudos

Once again thank you to all of you for the feedback.

However I still cannot understand why I have no success in what I want to achieve.

I have created Z1VA01 and Z2VA01 new T-Codes as VA01 variants.

They have their own screen variants, lt's say Z1VA01_0101, Z2VA01_0101, ...

The difference between Z1... and Z2... variants is a display only pre-defined value of respectively "A" and "B" in one of screen zones.

Now when I call T-Code Z1VA01 I can see the value "A" (o.k.)

But when I call T-Code Z2VA01 I do not see the value "B" as expected but "B" (k.o.)

What makes the system serach for Z1... variant screens instead of Z2... variant screens that I can see linked in T-Code SHD0?

Just for record I have deleted all my entries and re-cretaed them via SHD0 and also via SE93.

What could be the problem?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sorry but you should read: "the value "B" as expected but "A" (k.o.)".

AJK

Former Member
0 Kudos

One more explanation: I would prefer VA02 rather then VA01 for the simple reason that I can create an "open" sales order for the whole year in which our warehouse clerks will just have to key in a new item line. The entry would have to be limited to DIEN material ID and the quantity. As simple as it get's.

AJK

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Thanks for all feedback.

I try to start simple with TCode variant technique via SHD0 as suggested.

I work with TCode VA02 which I want to customize into Z1VA02.

It works fine for the first screen Z1VA02_0102 where I can remove or display only the selected fields.

However when I move to the next screens, let's say Z1VA02_4900 the saved changes are not taken into account when I run my Z1VA02.

Is there any particular way od saving the changes?

If not, is there a limitation such as "It works for creation TCodes like VA01 but not for modify like VA02"?

What rules must be observed if the changes I want to make do not refer to the first screen only?

Thanks for you dilligence.

AJK

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Andrzej,

First of all as a suggestion you can alter the standard t-code only despite of creating a Z-Tcode.For this kindly refer the document :

Transaction and Screen Variants for specific User groups and adopting it in the standard Transaction...

else if you want to create a Z-tcode only with this transaction variant, then the reason why its not working is that the screen variant is not captured in the request which gets populated after creating the screen variants.There might be a possibility that this screen variant was ignored during saving it in request.

Regards,

Siddharth

eduardo_hinojosa
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Andrzej,

Check also the enhancement package LOG_SD_SIMP_02. I suggest you to research it and check if your system is updated in the proper release (ECC 6 Ehp 4, if I am not in a mistake), because In the documentation you can read that end users companies can customize their individual screens.

I hope this helps you

Regards

Eduardo

PD: I am sorry, there is other ehp: SD_01

Message was edited by: Eduardo Hinojosa

rahul_vishwakarma2
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Friend,

If you want to modify the SAP Screen, then you can do it by screen variant or transaction variant 

through t-code : SHD0.

Over here you can make the required field Mandatory , Option , Display .

For Example : If you want to change in T-Code : VA01.

Then you can create the screen variant and assign it to Sales Document T-Code : VOV8.

Hope this solve your issue.

Regards,

Kundan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

without abap you can try

1 In VOV8 you can use variant SMALL_SALES_VARIANT in field variant, in block transaction flows, for your sales order type (I suggest to create a sales order type one for your scenario)

or

2 Create a variant for VA01 with tcode SHD0 to hide, protect fields

Remember you can use additionally and when required ID parameters to set values by default

Regards,

JM

moazzam_ali
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

We would like to avoid having an in-house ABAP skills. My preference would be to have a system in which an educated SAP user, but not an ABAP programmer, can design user's screen and map it with TCode requirements enabling back-end sales order creation. Ideally it should be flexible enough and user-friendly to do a similar job with regards to other SAP TCodes if required.

Any bright ideas?

This is same like if we give a gun and bullet to someone and ask him to kill an animal without bleeding. If you want to have user friendly screen integrated with SAP standard tables and Tcodes then how it would be possible without ABAP work. If you don't want inhouse ABAP skills then you may talk to some external resource and take services of an expert ABAPER. In my opinion you actually need a customized screen in which you can have fields with default values, customized drop downs and mandatory fields etc. User will input or select values in these fields and on saving this system will call sale order create BAPI and create sales order in background.

If you want in standard SAP then there is VA01 and for making fields mandatory or with default values you can use screen variant. It will be standard screen of VA01.

Thank$

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

you can check for GUiXT

http://www.guixt.com/

which can be simply activatd by the SAP GUI options menu.

And another new way how to personalize your SAP GUI without programming would be SAP Personas

http://wiki.scn.sap.com/wiki/display/Img/SAPScreenPersonas

Best regards

Robert