11 Replies Latest reply: Aug 1, 2008 1:00 PM by Chetan Rajoriya RSS

Error: No IDocs could be sent to the SAP BW using RFC.

Ash N
Currently Being Moderated

Hi all,

Follwoing is the error message I am finding when moving data to BW:

-

Sending packages from OLTP to BW lead to errors

Diagnosis

No IDocs could be sent to the SAP BW using RFC.

System response

There are IDocs in the source system ALE outbox that did not arrive in the ALE inbox of the SAP BW.

Further analysis:

Check the TRFC log.

You can get to this log using the wizard or the menu path "Environment -> Transact. RFC -> In source system".

Removing errors:

If the TRFC is incorrect, check whether the source system is completely connected to the SAP BW. Check especially the authorizations of the background user in the source system

-

Plz advice us on the next steps to do.

Thanks in advance.

Regards.

• Re: Error: No IDocs could be sent to the SAP BW using RFC.
    Anil Kumar

Hi,

Have u chcked the coneection from R/3 to BW .You can check this with TC SM59 in source system and then select the connection to BW. Here you can check whether the connection is properly maintained or not by selecting 'check connection' and 'remote login'.

and chck also the authorizations of the user used for logon user in the above connection .The user should have S_BTCH_JOB authorization object.

I would like have comments from any body on my posting, if I am wrong.

With rgds,

Anil

Kumar Gudiseva

In addition to the suggestions above, you should go to TCode SM58 in the source system & manually post the IDocs.

Kumar Gudiseva.

Anil Kumar

Hi Aswani,

In case your problem was sloved , Could You assign points to the right persons. If you get the solution from one of the replies , why donot you change the status of your question to 'Sloved One' . I would be helpful for further reference to the guys who might get same sort of problem. And It also create some sort of pushhing to guys who has replyed to your post to make few more replies to other  postings,

With rgds,

Anil

Jkyle Landicho

Hi Aswani,

This problem may be caused by several factors. Kindly help us out first by providing additional info.

1.) Is this the first you run this request?

2.) If this is not the first time, has there been any successful run of this request before?

3.) If there is, what config was changed since the last successful one? Was there any introduced config changes since then?

4.) It could be a resource problem in the source system. Have you checked BD87 in the source system for any pending IDOCS w/ <i>Status = 64</i>?

--Jkyle

Ash N

Hi JKyle,

Apologies for returning bit late.

Following are my answers:

1)Is this the first you run this request?

Ans: For this particular cube, its the first run.

2) If this is not the first time, has there been any successful run of this request before?

Ans: Earlier from same source system to another cube we moved the data successfully (ofcourse same BW system).

3)If there is, what config was changed since the last successful one? Was there any introduced config changes since then?

Ans: No

4)It could be a resource problem in the source system. Have you checked BD87 in the source system for any pending IDOCS w/ Status = 64?

Ans: Yaah.I checked it, in

Source system the tatus is: 51 and

In BW status is : 03

When I go into details in source system the message goes like this:

"Incomplete control parameter for commmunication with the

BW system"

Plz adice us on this and next steps aswell.

Thanks in advance.

Regards.

Chetan Rajoriya

Hi Ash,

To be short and precise,

Try to manually update the Idocs (I believe data load is ur first priority instead of digging out the reason, you can do it later )

Fist I advice to check the source system connection with BW ,for this go to RSA1 then right click on the source system (the which ur using) and click on check, if status is ok then try to follow the below mentioned steps

Process of manual posting the Idoc-

Go to RSMO screen of your load then go to menu-> Environment->transact RFC->in the source system. Then right click on the select the Idoc and press F6.

If this process works for you then there is a problem of memory space or RFC connection or might be chance of memory allocation parameters.

Thanks ,

Chetan R

Actions