Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Web Service Consumer: HTTP Code 400 : Bad Request

former_member215646
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

In my scenario I want to call a web service on a separate server.

The consumer proxies have been generated with the WSDL. The logical ports are configured.

In total I am using 5 web services and it is working fine, just one web service is throwing the error:

"SOAP:1.032 SRT: Wrong Content-Type and empty HTTP-Body received: ("HTTP Code 400  : Bad Request")".

The exception is "cx_ai_system_fault".

When I try to test the web service in the test tool of the web service provider everything is working fine with the same parameters.

I have the feeling that the problem could be an issue with a deeply nested structure of attributes in the request structure of the web service method:

Any idea what the problem could be and how to fix it?

Thanks and best regards,

Andreas

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

attila_mikulan
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Hello Andreas

I would recommend to check a level 3 ICM trace of this call. You would be able to see the request and response from the provider. If they send back HTTP 400, there might be more info in the Body.

You could also compare the two calls from the testtool and the SAP system.

Check wiki on creating and analyzing ICM trace: http://wiki.scn.sap.com/wiki/x/c4E_FQ

Cheers,

Attila

former_member215646
Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks, Attila!

The trace was helpful.

As I saw in the trace that the service call was compressed I set the HTTP compression on inactive in the configuration of the logical port. Primarily to see the web service call in the trace.

But finally this solved the problem and the web service is working fine.

So finally I don't have a good explanation what was the issue with the compression before, but at least it is working again

Regards,

Andreas

Answers (0)