cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Crystal Reports - Reflection - DataSet Binding - Failed to load Database info error.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am using .NET Reflection to load the Crystal Engine and Crystal Reports and bind the Dataset to the reports.

When binding the Dataset to the reports, I am getting an error - "Failed to Load Database Information"

But when I reference the Crystal Engine to the project and Bind the Dataset to the reports, the report works fine.

Any Suggestions will be help ful.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member183750
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Sathya

Typically the error means that the CR database driver dll is not found, or can not be loaded. This may be a permissions issue.

I've never used  .NET Reflection to load the Crystal Engine, etc., but perhaps the following will help (based on the assumption that yo are using CRVS and VS 2010 / 2012):

Make sure you are using SP 7 for CRVS

See the following KBAs:

KBA - 1494929 - Database Connectivity issues and errors with Crystal Reports in Visual Studio .NET A...

KBA - 1870767 - Error: Failed to load database information when trying to set report datasource to a...

KBA - 1433425 - Error: Failed to load database information

Also, have a look at the following:

http://blog.decompiler-vb.net/post/C-How-to-add-many-SortField-to-a-CrystalReportViewer-using-reflec...

http://businessintelligence.ittoolbox.com/groups/technical-functional/businessobjects-crystal-l/addi...

- Ludek

Senior Support Engineer AGS Product Support, Global Support Center Canada

Follow us on Twitter

Got Enhancement ideas? Try the SAP Idea Place

Share Your Knowledge in SCN Topic Spaces

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ludek,

Thanks a lot for the Information.

Finally I found the issue after struggling for 2 days.

I missed the below portion in the config,

<startup useLegacyV2RuntimeActivationPolicy="true">

Other than this, I was able to do reflection and achive the results I wanted.

Thanks,

Sathya

former_member183750
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Apologies for those two days. It's a different error than I'm used to. Typically, if that line is missing the error is:

Could not load file or assembly 'file:///C:Program Files\SAP BusinessObjects\SAP BusinessObjects Enterprise XI 4.0\win32_x86\dotnet1\crdb_adoplus.dll' or one of its dependencies. The system cannot find the file specified: C:\Program Files\SAP BusinessObjects\SAP BusinessObjects Enterprise XI 4.0\win32_x86\dotnet1\crdb_adoplus.dll.

and that is documented in this KBA:

1525432 - Could not load file or assembly 'file:///<Path>crdb_adoplus.dll' or one of its dependencie...

I'll either modify the above KBA or create a new one to reflect your experience.

Many thanks for letting us know the solution as I am sure it will help someone following in your footsteps

- Ludek

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

We have another problem with WPF crystal report viewer while trying to display busy indicator over it.

The busy indicator from WPF control goes beneath the crystal report viewer.

Could you kindly check the following URL?

http://scn.sap.com/thread/3621279

Thanks,

Sathya.

Answers (0)