cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Custom field from SC item to PO item

Former Member
0 Kudos

On our SRM 7.0 system, I have defined a custom fields on SC item level. This has been done by appending a structure to both INCL_EEW_PD_ITEM_CSF and INCL_EEW_PD_ITEM_CSF_SC. We are populating the field using an implementation of BAdI BBP_DOC_CHANGE_BADI. This works perfectly.

Now when creating a PO (or multiple PO's if there are multiple vendors) from that SC, we want to copy that custom field. I have made the custom field available on PO item level, the challenge is copying the value from the SC.

The reason this is tricky, is because the SC can be automatically split into multiple PO's. At the BAdI implementation for PO, the item has already been copied to the PO and as far as I can see there is no reference to a specific SC item. Therefore I don't know which of the items to take the value from.

How can I copy the correct value? Thanks for the help!

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member228602
Contributor
0 Kudos

If the same structure to add to both the PO and SC, then while creating the Purchase order from this fields should be passed to Purchase Order. If you are following the scenario

SC---->RFX----->RFX Response----->Purchase Order

then the following note 1914586 should help you.

Thanks and Regards,

Veera

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Veera, so basically you are saying that as long as I add the same custom field to both SC and PO item structures. The notes does seem to describe what's happening, will give it a try. Thanks!

Update:

It works! The note did the trick! Only got around to test it today, awesome.

Answers (0)