cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PM Notification Tab

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Gurus,

I had created a notification with two tabs 10\tab01 and 10\tab10. I had a requirement from the client when i create notification only 10\tab01 to be displayed and in change notification both the tabs has to be displayed.

Is there any SAP standard functionality in SPRO to do these kind of changes for notification.

Thanks in advance

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

jogeswararao_kavala
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Raghuvarun,

You need to work in this area of SPRO

Note that Add means create.

So when you specify the values of  Activity Cat field while adding tabs to your notification type, you will get the desired effect.

Obviously, when you leave it blank, the tab will be displayed in all cases.

May give a try

-Jogeswara Rao K

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jogeswara Rao

Thanks for your response as i said that i created two tabs one should come in all cases and second should come in change mode, But when i set tab1 with blank category and tab2 with change only tab2 is coming in change mode not both the tabs.

kindly provide me details how i can overcome this problem.

Thanks in Advance

jogeswararao_kavala
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Raghu,

Your observation is correct. Forget about leaving Activity Cat. field blank.

Go through each sentence of the following carefully.

When one tab is defined in Change mode, all other tabs would disappear in this mode. So you need to redefine the desired tabs here too, with details identical to previous one (I am referring to Screen Areas)

So, when we are opting for conditional tab displays, we need to define the tabs separately for H, V, and A modes as the case may be.

You'd need a configuration like this

Note that more 20/Tab's will be there as per your requirement and they will be appearing twice in A and V modes

You might have noticed that 'Display' (IW23) also taken care off here (Category value A).

Also you might be aware that the 10/Tab10 would appear in IW23 (Display), only when there is some content in its inside tabs. (20/Tab's)

Use 'Copy As'  option to repeat tabs in various categories (This is for not forgetting any screen areas)

See this image.

This configuration should satisfy your requirement.

Note:

This is very useful but a little bit of tricky sort of thing until you become conversant. Please experiment well before applying in real-time. Experiment beyond your present requirements to have good acquaintance with the system behavior in different cases.

Jogeswara Rao K

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Jogeswara Rao it is working well in all the cases

Answers (0)