cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bobj is undefined

Former Member
0 Kudos

I know there are a lot of posts on this but I can't seem to get anything to work. I am developing a website using Visual Studio 2012 and Crystal Reports 2013/Crystal Reports for VS. I have had my website up and working before but now it has gotten large enough (and continueing to grow) that we wanted to organize it some. Now I have all of my aspx pages in subfolders. I haven't changed anything in my webconfig or where crystalreportviewer files are saved. I have tried leaving my rpt files in the root directory and also moving them to the subfolders with the aspx pages. Nothing seems to be getting rid of the bobj is undefined error. I am at a lost as to what I need to do to fix this. Please help!! Below is what I have for my webconfig.

<configuration>

<configSections>

<sectionGroup name="businessObjects">

<sectionGroup name="crystalReports">    

<section name="rptBuildProvider" type="CrystalDecisions.Shared.RptBuildProviderHandler, CrystalDecisions.Shared, Version=13.0.2000.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=692fbea5521e1304, Custom=null"/>

<section name="crystalReportViewer" type="System.Configuration.NameValueSectionHandler"/>

</sectionGroup>

</sectionGroup>

</configSections>

<appSettings>

<add key="CrystalImageCleaner-AutoStart" value="true"/>

<add key="CrystalImageCleaner-Sleep" value="60000"/>

<add key="CrystalImageCleaner-Age" value="120000"/>

</appSettings>

<connectionStrings>

<add name="ConnectionString" connectionString="Dsn=Access Database" providerName="System.Data.Odbc"/>

</connectionStrings>

<system.web>

<compilation debug="true">

<assemblies>

<add assembly="CrystalDecisions.CrystalReports.Engine, Version=13.0.2000.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=692fbea5521e1304"/>

<add assembly="CrystalDecisions.ReportSource, Version=13.0.2000.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=692fbea5521e1304"/>

<add assembly="CrystalDecisions.Shared, Version=13.0.2000.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=692fbea5521e1304"/>

<add assembly="CrystalDecisions.Web, Version=13.0.2000.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=692fbea5521e1304"/>

<add assembly="CrystalDecisions.ReportAppServer.ClientDoc, Version=13.0.2000.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=692fbea5521e1304"/>

<add assembly="System.Windows.Forms, Version=2.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=B77A5C561934E089"/>

</assemblies>

<buildProviders>

<add extension=".rpt" type="CrystalDecisions.Web.Compilation.RptBuildProvider, CrystalDecisions.Web, Version=13.0.2000.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=692fbea5521e1304"/>

</buildProviders>

</compilation>

<authentication mode="Windows"/>

<customErrors mode="Off"/>  

<httpHandlers>

<add verb="GET" path="CrystalImageHandler.aspx" type="CrystalDecisions.Web.CrystalImageHandler, CrystalDecisions.Web, Version=13.0.2000.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=692fbea5521e1304"/>

</httpHandlers>

</system.web>

<businessObjects>

<crystalReports>

<rptBuildProvider>

<add embedRptInResource="true"/>

</rptBuildProvider>

<crystalReportViewer>

<add key="resourceURI" value="/crystalreportviewers13"/>

</crystalReportViewer>     

</crystalReports>

</businessObjects>

<system.webServer>

<handlers>

<add name="CrystalImageHandler.aspx_GET" verb="GET" path="CrystalImageHandler.aspx" type="CrystalDecisions.Web.CrystalImageHandler, CrystalDecisions.Web, Version=13.0.2000.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=692fbea5521e1304" preCondition="classicMode"/>

</handlers>

<validation validateIntegratedModeConfiguration="false"/>

</system.webServer>

</configuration>

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I figured it out!! (ok my couterpart in a different location...) I needed to change the report filename for my report source to include '~/'. Thanks again for the help!

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Posting this with keywords for 2013 versions so those searching can find it!

Just upgraded to Visual Studio 2013, Crystal 2013, Crystal for VS SP1. The Crystal Reports in my ASP.NET app of course bombed with 'bobj' is undefined. This article helped me make them work. I inserted the specific sections referencing Crystal from the web.config offered by original poster, which had been for three plus years working by default. I also added the ResourseURI, and put the CrystalReportviewer version 4..., since I am targeting .NET Framework 4.5.1, as a folder in the root of the application. This on my development Win 8.1 workstation. At that point, the app could find the Crystal components and run the reports in the migrated and recompiled in latest versions of software ASP.NET web app.

Want to thank this poster and related articles for helping me solve this. In previous versions, on development PC, I did not have to do this, running in test under Visual Studio found components BY DEFAULT. This is NOT the case in Visual Studio 2013. In prior version on server, I copied the C:\inetpub\wwwroot\aspnet_client\system_web so it was parallel with the web server root, and Crystal could find components, both the 2...and 4... subfolders, by default. I am about to move the selected 4... CrystalReportsviewer folder into the root folder of the ASP.NET app on the server, on assumption it will work there, using the same ResouceURI that puts in as a folder in the root of the app, on the web server in production.

0 Kudos

Hi Kelsey,

Config file looks fine. I suggest using Fiddler to track the errors, should give you a clue as to what is missing or permissions have changed. I doubt it is the location of the reports and more an issue with accessing the runtime.

I assume you still have IIS set to 32 bit mode also right?

Does it work with Cassini ( InProc IIS Server in VS )

Don

Former Member
0 Kudos

I really appreciate all the help that you have been giving me. This is all new to our company and unfortunatly I am not the best at the IT side of things. I downloaded Fiddler and watch to see what was happening as I ran the website. The first time I ran it, I once again got the 'bobj undefined' error. I noticed in Fiddler that there were several http 404 errors. I changed my resourceURI in the webconfig to '~\aspnet_client\system_web\2_0_50727\crystalreportviewers13'. I ran is again and am now getting and error that says "Unable to get value of the property 'value': object is null or undefined". In Fiddler all the 'results' are http 200. It looks like it is finding the files though. I have attached some of the out put from Fiddler. Any suggestions on where I go from here?