Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fiori-Approve Requisition at Header Level

leo_ascario2
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

We are planning to implement SAP Fiori for Purchase Requisition Approval. Unfortunately, standard Approve Requisition only support for item-level approval. Our requirement is to implement Fiori for header level approval (overall release).

I would need your expertise to comment on below options:

1. Modify standard Approve Requisition apps to adapt with header level (assessment has not been made, thus I don't know whether it's possible or not).

2. Create Custom Approval apps using Approve Requests apps.

3. Modify standard PO Approval apps to adapt with this requirements.

Which one do you think is the most reliable and fast to develop?

I also have some questions related to Purchase Order apps functionality:

1. Into which field in ECC is the value in comment box after pressing approve or reject button stored?

2. What is the function of "Forward" in this app? Is it to delegate the approver?

I really appreciate your help.

Thank you.

Warm Regards,

Leo

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

masa_139
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Leo,

2. Use "Approve Requests" is faster and low cost option.

Please look at How to add custom workflow scenarios.

Other options.

4. Switching to item level approval. From my experience, those customers who are using overall release, approvers do "blind" approval without checking details. In that case, it is possible to change to no approval for 90% of items and set approval for 10% of items which should be checked details. For example, specific categories and cost. This will reduce approvers workloads and they can spend time for "real" approval.

5. Wait SAP supports it in future Support Package.

My recommendation is go live with option 2 and wait option 5.

Regards,

Masa

SAP Rapid Innovation Group - RIG

Former Member
0 Kudos

yes already implemented PR at Header Level approval using Generic Approval app( custom workflow scenario) and works ok. But as Masa pointed out, if you need to see Item Level fields then we need to wait for next release. thanks Ashish

leo_ascario2
Explorer
0 Kudos

Masa-san and Ashish

Thank you very much for the explanation.

For option 5, is there any estimation date from SAP to launch the support package for this PR approval apps?

Best Regards,
Leo

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Masa,

Thanks for the info.

Right now we are also facing the same problem with the Header level release of Purchase requisition.

Could you suggest us if any update has already been released with the latest release.

Our client is not ready to accept the Approve requests application, as it will show a minimum information about the Purchase requisition.

Thanks.

SK

masa_139
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Siva,

Other customers are find with "Approve Requests". With SP03, you can show workitem text with HTML. It means all required data is in the main view and approver can make a decision.

The enhancement spot is /IWPGW/ES_TGW_TASK_DATA.

Regards,

Masa

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Masa,

Thank you for the Quick reply.

We have decided to use the Approve Request app for approving PR at header level. We are trying to configure the standard workflow "WS20000077" for PR header level release. We are able to get the data in the app. But the Approve & Reject button in the app are not displayed. Please find the attached screen shot.

We have configured the Decision keys as follows.

Thanks for your help.

Thanks.

SK

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Masa,

We have successfully implemented 'Approve Requests' to approve PR's at the header level. We have also been able to bring line item information into the 'Description' field.

Right now, the line item details appear together as a single string and we are looking for some direction on how to proceed on formatting the line items such that they can be easily read.

How would you suggest splitting up the line items and displaying them on the UI?

Thanks so much,

Shrey

masa_139
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Shrey,

I posted the solution before. Please go though the old posts.

With SP03, you can show workitem text with HTML. It means all required data is in the main view and approver can make a decision.

The enhancement spot is /IWPGW/ES_TGW_TASK_DATA.

Regards,

Masa

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Masa,

I saw that post, but was hoping you could clarify further: Where exactly would we be able to use HTML code?

We were thinking of modifying the 'Approve Requests' source code(View/Html Files) in eclipse to allow for the formatting. Is this recommended?

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have done this and you can do this both ways. In the UI code you can change styling too in Eclipse after you download but in the case you are chainging the core application unless you create a Z Application and then do all of this.

Other option is that you can add styling in the backend Badi code as Masa pointed out for HTML formatting.

I tried this and it works too.

Can you also share your line item code that you built in the backend BADI? It would be helpful to see it.

thanks

Ashish

masa_139
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Shrey,

You do not need to change any app code. Only BADI implementation is enough.

Method: MODIFY_TASK_DESCRIPTION

*Get object ID

CALL FUNCTION 'SAP_WAPI_READ_CONTAINER' destination backend

CALL FUNCTION 'BAPI_*' destination backend

*Build workitem description with html5

Regards,

Masa

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

masa_139
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

SAP Fiori Approve Requisition app supports now both header and item level approval. Please check the May 2014 release. You just need to apply new Support Package.

App History: Approve Requisitions - SAP Fiori Apps - SAP Library

Regards, Masa

SAP Customer Experience Group - CEG

0 Kudos

Hi MASA/Ashish,

This blog is useful since I am trying to implement the purchase requisition app at header level.

Could you help me with the below.

1. I have implemented the app at header level by designing custom workflow with BUS2105.

2. I am able to get the PR in the app.

3. But if I approve the PR , it shows the you have no authorisation some times . Or APPROVE STILL IN PROCESS.

4. If I check with backend In SAP INBOX - the status of the work item is IN PROCESS.

What might be the reason for this?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Saranya,

Can you post the SLG1 transaction error details screen shot from gateway server.

Try to check whether the BADI is implemented or not for decision handling.

Thanks,

SK         

Former Member
0 Kudos

Pls put breakpoint after decision is made from the app and see what happens to the work item. Check workflow logs.

Compare regular SAP Inbox approval with Fiori App approval with same user and see the difference.

thanks

A

masa_139
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Saranya,

Please use the standard SAP Fiori Approve Requisition app.

This post was created in Oct. 2013. PR header level approval was not available in that time but

SAP Fiori Approve Requisition app supports now both header and item level approval. Please check the May 2014 release. You just need to apply new Support Package.

App History: Approve Requisitions - SAP Fiori Apps - SAP Library

Regards,

Masa

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Masa,

We started to use the standard SAP Fiori Apps. I was able to install 'Approve Requisition app' and its working fine.

On the item screen i would like to add 2 fields Cost Center and G/L account. I am new to WebIDE tool and I couldn't find much help online on the steps to proceed further.... Appreciate any guidance

masa_139
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Rama,

Please visit and .

Regards,

Masa / SAP Technology RIG

leo_ascario2
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Masa,

Thank you for the explanation. For PR header approval using generic approval requests, We have managed to customize the UI but we cannot get the Odata to retrieve PR details, we put hard coded data to create the UI prototype.

I have plan to use context service as mentioned in 02_Fiori_AddCustomWorkflow.pdfhttp://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/f0ab2463-4e16-3110-b08e-d93918e51... page 15.

Can you explain in more detail on how to merge this with generic approve requests apps? I tried to follow this link Context Collection - SAP Documentation but still cannot find the idea on how to integrate with generic approve requests. Last time in SAP Thailand Bangkok, I don't think we had enough time to discuss about this.

Really appreciate your help.

Thank you in advance.

Regards,

Leo

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Leo

Can you pls share your code for doing this? it would be great to take a look at the UI part and how did you get it to this stage. thanks

Ashish

leo_ascario2
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Ashish,

My colleague did the code in UI, I'll ask him to share how to do this when he has time.

Thanks.

Regards,

Leo

masa_139
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Leo,

There are 3 ways to display application data.

1. Use task description text. - 1 H solution

You can include variable in the task description in the PFTC transaction.

2. Use Enhancement Spot /IWPGW/ES_TGW_TASK_DATA - 1 day solution

You can get application data in the BADI and build HTML code for UI

3. Implement context service and enhance the UI - 1 week solution

Implement context service Context Collection - SAP Documentation.

You are trying to implement No.3. After you implemented the context service, UI should call the context service.  Please let us know which part is not clear.

Regards,

Masa

leo_ascario2
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Masa,

Thank you for your reply.

We managed to create the context service, but we still don't know how to use it from generic approve requests apps. Can you explain in more detail how to utilize this context service in generic apps request?

Thank you.

Regards,

Leo

masa_139
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Leo,

Next steps:

1.  Test the context service in the Gateway client.

2. Change the UI code and add codes for calling the OData service

Regards,

Masa

leo_ascario2
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Masa,

For step 1, we have done it, the XML already created with expected result.

For step 2, can you give example on how to call the OData service from UI?

Thank you.

Regards,

Leo

masa_139
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Leo,

Please ask your UI developers who know JavaScript and OData. They can look at the standard code and change the code based on your requirements.

Regards,

Masa

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Leo,

Could you please provide details how did you ?

Change the UI code and add codes for calling the OData service /Context  Service ?

Thanks,

Deepanker Dwivedi.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Deepankar

Looks like you are asking same questions in different threads. I already responded to you in this thread

where you had a similar question. Bottom line regardless of which custom workflow you use, you can create custom app in Fiori using Approve Request App. Please use Wave2 Fiori Approve Requests app and extend that to meet your needs. You would have to extend oData Service and create a SAPUI5 extension project to change the UI. it can be done and the solution works as I have personally done it. Please try that. I have also provide sample code snippet to you.

if you still need help then this would be a consulting issue and you can contact SAP Consulting Services team to help you out officially.

thanks

Ashish