Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Multiple dispute case types for one company code

former_member619039
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Experts

I am trying to design a solution for external system interfacing with SAP FSCM. Requirement is to create dispute cases for short pays automatically using program FDM_AUTO_CREATE (which is normal standard SAP process). We are also creating complaints in third party system based out of our data from SAP. When these are getting created in third party, we need to interface back into SAP and create Dispute (against compalint created in third party). I am thinking of using program FDM_AUTO_CREATE to create disputes based on company code/document number/fiscal year/line item etc.

To differentiate between disputes and complaints i am proposing to create new case type (other than dispute case type) and have its own number range assigned to it, so that it can be easily recognised in SAP. But as per standard SAP setting one company code can have only one default case type assigned to it and whenever i create cases using FDM_AUTO_CREATE, system always picks up only one case type.

Is there any standard setting so that system can create complaint cases in SAP with different case type (other than default dispute case type) while using auto create program?

Thanks in advance

Aleem

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

This is an common question when implementing SAP TCM for trade promotions where claims/ disputes go to CRM for approval.

We have overcome this by leaving the standard dispute case type in the default settings. We then activate a BAdI - FDM_AR_DEF_CASE_TYPE. We create a Z table that we linked to in the BAdI - that had company code and reason code - and put the additional case type in the table linked to a reason code. By adding a reason code (FI-AR) to the specific items, when you create the dispute it will call the BAdI and table and use the extra dispute case type as opposed to the standard one.

former_member206200
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

You can create a new case type ofcourse, but you need to remove the default case type setting for the company code.

This means that when you create a new dispute case, system will ask you to select or indicate the case type. If that is not an issue, then go for it..