Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Upgrade from Crystal Reports Server XI to 2013

Former Member
0 Kudos

Here is my situation

I want to upgrade from Crystal Reports XI R2 SP2 to Crystal Reports Server 2013

I want this on Windows Server 2008 64 Bit machine.  However I cannot upgrade directly because you need to install Crystal Reports Sever XI R2 SP4 full build on a 64 Bit machine and that service pack is no longer available from SAP web site.  So the question is.  Is there and Upgrade option from Crystal Reports XI to Crystal Reports Server 2013 which allows for using the upgrade price but allows a complete new install without having a previous product on the server.  Or i guess the other option, is crsxir2win_sp4_full.exe available from somewhere such that I can upgrade on a 64 bit machine

Thanks

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

0 Kudos

Hi

my colleague Peter De Bie has provided me the following link. this is a much better version of what I have been able to offer prior to today.

https://www.sapbi.com/upgrade

0 Kudos

Also found this link, which might be useful to some

http://scn.sap.com/docs/DOC-21872

though it is a Statement of Direction, it has some useful links included

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Mike, we are also working on upgrade Crystal XI server to 2013 and we're using API service. We are getting following message when viewing the report via API service: Would the document help? Please send it to my email.

Thanks!

The viewer was unable to find the resources required to render the report.
Please check the following to resolve the issue.
1. Verify that /tmsreport/ is accessible to your WebApp and is the correct path to the viewer resources.
2. You may customize this location by altering the crystal_image_uri and crystal_image_use_relative properties in the web.xml.
3. Validate that the file crv.js exists at /tmsreport/js/crviewer/crv.js.
0 Kudos

Hi Xin

Unfortunately the document I provided will not help, since you appear to be using APIs.

There are 3 options for assistance, which I would recommend applying in that order:

1     You should seek assistance either through customer support (if their installation is entitled to it) - Do you have additional support you invested in ?

2.     If not, may I suggest you use one of the two forums on http://scn.sap.com/community/bi-platform,   either the .NET one or the JAVA SDK Application Development one.

If neither of these are successful I will try and access some additional resource (option 3) .

The content itself is outside of my technical skill set ceiling.

Kind regards,

Mike

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Mike for taking your time and point me to the right direction. I'll check it out both of the options.

Thanks again.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am interested in the same topic, however for desktop clients. Can you upgrade from XI to 2011/13?

0 Kudos

Hi Jon

The rule is we do not upgrade from any version prior to Crystal reports  XI R2 (2006)

this we believe is a generous offering going back three versions and almost 9 years

For Crystal Reports 2013 you need

7016463-EMEA     SAP® CRYSTAL   Reports 2013 WIN INTL NUL

BR

Mike

0 Kudos

Hi John

I found your question whilst searching something else

Did you ever receive a response from this question?

Did you manage to migrate your server?

if not, do you still need some help?

Regards

Mike

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mike,

We are currently using XI R2 and have purchased 2013. Do you have any suggestions on how to migrate from XI R2 to 2013?

Thanks

Jose

0 Kudos

Hi Jose

I hope this helps

POST data

Regards

Mike

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mike,

I can not see the POST data.

Thanks,

Jose

0 Kudos

Hi Jose

Did you try right mouse click and open in New Tab ?>

If this doesn't work, can you join https://jam4.sapjam.com

failing that, can you ping me an email address and I will send you the PDF I loaded via the link

regards

Mike

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Mike,

I'm also interested in this document, as I have a similar requirement for an end user. 

I have a SAP Jam account, but after clicking on the link and logging in to SAP Jam, I receive the following error:

We're sorry. You don't have permission to view this profile.

So, would you be able to email it to me?  My address is in my profile.

Cheers, Derek

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Mike,

Thanks a million for the great information (sent via PM)!  Do let me know if and when you have any updates, as this is an ongoing area of interest for us.

Cheers, Derek

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Mike,

I'm very interested in this document because I have a similar requisitefor a client.

Would you be able to email it to me or PM?

You may find my email address in my Bio.

Thank you so much!

-Jade

0 Kudos

Hi Jade

I cannot find any email for you

can you please mail me directly?

thank you

Mike

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mike,

Can you share the document with me? I couldn't find your email. What's your email?

Thanks

0 Kudos

Hi

Can you share with me your email address

mike.o-gorman@sap.com

the file has failed to upload via this forum

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Mike, I sent email can you please share the files with me? One more thing if we choose to install bundled Sql anywhere which comes as an option to install. Is there a limitation if we use SQL anywhere vs other dedicated SQL/Oracle Server? Which one is recommended as a best practise and any limitation if we choose bundled SQL Anywhere database?

0 Kudos

Good morning. I landed on this page this morning after another request for upgrade help, I'm not sure I ever answered this SQL question. Did you get it resolved or is there still some work to do here? if so, let me know, i have someone who should be well placed to help you.

BR

Mike