SAP for Retail Discussions
Join conversations about personalization, omnichannel strategies, and operational excellence in retail using SAP for Retail software.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Change pointers: Message type WPDBBY cannot be sent with change pointers

Former Member
0 Kudos

Change pointers for WPDBBY message type :I did few steps in the below sequence.

1.  Activated Message Type in BD50

2.  In BD52 given the object name, Table name and Field name ( Which I will be changing the field )

4.  When I execute the report RBDMIDOC and entered the message type,

I get error message "  Message type WPDBBY cannot be sent with change pointers."

I have maintained the same for Article Master (WP_PLU) and Price Master (Cond_A) , both are working fine. I want to generate the Promotion Master also using RDBMIDOC.

Kindly guide me to approach the same.

Thanks & Regards

Rakesh

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

amit_tunara
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Rakesh,

To the best of my knowledge I do not think promotion IDoc will be generated automatically. Promotion needs to be downloaded manually using WPMA.

There can be promotion of two types viz. Value off in % of absolute value. These two conditions are saved in KA02 and KA04 condition types which can be automatically sent by a program by seeking condition records created for specific day. The way you automate the download of COND_A IDocs, you can add these condition types in the same program and will be downloaded automatically.

The other promotions are Bonus buys which cannot be clubbed with article IDoc. These bonus buy will have to be downloaded manually using WPMA.

I want to give an additional information on Assortment List IDoc. This is a centralized IDoc which will put all information of article into one IDoc. The first type of percentage including condition types KA02 and KA04 are automatically included in Assortment List (WBBDLD) IDoc and need to be downloaded separately. SAP has given better transactions for downloading WBBDLD IDocs to store using HPR transactions.

Let us know if you need any further information.

Regards,

Amit

View solution in original post

13 REPLIES 13

amit_tunara
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Rakesh,

To the best of my knowledge I do not think promotion IDoc will be generated automatically. Promotion needs to be downloaded manually using WPMA.

There can be promotion of two types viz. Value off in % of absolute value. These two conditions are saved in KA02 and KA04 condition types which can be automatically sent by a program by seeking condition records created for specific day. The way you automate the download of COND_A IDocs, you can add these condition types in the same program and will be downloaded automatically.

The other promotions are Bonus buys which cannot be clubbed with article IDoc. These bonus buy will have to be downloaded manually using WPMA.

I want to give an additional information on Assortment List IDoc. This is a centralized IDoc which will put all information of article into one IDoc. The first type of percentage including condition types KA02 and KA04 are automatically included in Assortment List (WBBDLD) IDoc and need to be downloaded separately. SAP has given better transactions for downloading WBBDLD IDocs to store using HPR transactions.

Let us know if you need any further information.

Regards,

Amit

0 Kudos

Dear Amit,

Many thanks for your Knowledge sharing.

I am very new to retail. Kindly guide me for the below scenario.

we are creating  Bonus buy and able to generate the same using WPMA, only if the validity date is starting from today (generating date).

But my requirement is , creating the promotion for future date and generate the same.

Best Regards

Rakesh  

0 Kudos

Hi Rakesh,

I hope you are using WPMA with "Transfer Bonus Buy" tick enabled. Please check that option, mention your Bonus buy number and then download. It should download your given bonus buy.

Additionally you can mention the start date of the Bonus buy in Data valid from and Data valid to field and try downloading. These dates are mentioned to indicate that I want to download the POS data which is valid between given dates. Please note that Bonus buy validity and these from & to dates are different. The WPMA screen to & from fields indicate what data to covered in the download.

So if the bonus buy is valid from 1st November to 20th November, you should mentioned 01/11/2013 to 01/11/2013 on WPMA screen. This will consider your bonus buy as the validity start date is falling within given dates in WPMA.

I hope this will help you.

Regards,

Amit

0 Kudos

Dear Amit,

When I am checking the Transfer Bonus buy data (No values for Bonus buy code ) and maintaining the values in Period of out bound. It is generating the one Idoc with all the promotion codes available for the respective store. (All Promotions =  which all are under this period (last month to next month , which I already generated) ) 

Is it possible to generate the Promotions, which are only starting from the data valid from. And avoid already generated Promotions which are falling under the relevant period for outbound.

Best Regards

Rakesh

0 Kudos

Hi Rakesh,

When you maintain the WPMA transaction, do not keep the bonus buy field blank. Every bonus buy has a unique number and you need to mention them using multiple selection. If you keep it blank then its the standard behavior of WPMA and we also faced issue for that.

So, kindly execute WPMA transaction with Bonus buy values maintained in range or using multiple selection option.

Regards,

Amit

0 Kudos

Dear Amit,

I will follow your suggestions.

Thank you very much for your kind support.

Best Regards

Rakesh

0 Kudos

Hi Amit

Firstly sorry for picking this from the an already existing message, and not creating a new one. But just thought continuing the discussion would be far better than initiating and duplicating the same again.

I know the conditions type KA02 (for absolute value) and KA04 (for % discount) need to be included in the in the promotion type o be able to activate the prices, (or directly in he promotion header if not already mentioned in promotion type).

All I wanted to ask is, can we also create our own conditions (may be by coping the existing ones -  KA02 and KA04) and if we use these in the promotion type for absolute and percentage discount. By doing that can we send the new conditions too to POS using WMPA.

Or should we be using the standard condition types KA02 and KA04 only.

If we can use our own conditions, is there is any further customisation that needs to be considered,

Thanks in advance

Regards

Sree

0 Kudos

Hi,

You can use the standard condition. If your POS outbound IDocs are WBBDLD, then you do not have to worry as the this IDoc will take KA02 and KA04 conditions also along with Article master. For this you have to add these two conditions in Condition type group and also the pricing procedure which is being used to determine VKP0 and then download.

If it is non-assortment IDoc like WP_PLU, then you have to download KA02 and KA04 conditions using VK13 transaction code.

You can make a copy of KA02 and KA04 condition type and follow the below steps in order to download then to POS.

Once the new conditions are copied, the first step is to include them in Promotion type so that you do not have to enter manually for each promotion from header.

These condition type need to be maintained in Control Table for condition type to determine whether you want to generate these condition plant wise or on other organization level.

Insert these conditions into Condition type group so that System considers them also to outbound.

Ensure both these conditions are also inserted into pricing procedure which is being used for outbound.

With these steps, you will be able to use the standard one and your copied one both.

I hope this will help.

Regards,

Amit

0 Kudos

Hi Amit

That was a very elaborate. It surely helps. Thanks for the inputs

Sree

0 Kudos

Hi Amit Tunara,

I have configured the change pointer for message type WHSORD

in BD50 and BD61.

Now when I am executing RBDMIDOC standard program from SE38 with message type WHSORD

then it is throwing error Message type WHSORD cannot be sent with change pointers.

Please help me out urgent.

Thanks,

Vikash

0 Kudos

Hi Vikash,

Check whether you have a specific transaction to download a message type IDoc. For example, we have BD30 for BOMMAT, so you need to check.

The standard IDoc download program may not support all message types.

Regards,

Amit

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rakesh Gudi,

Could you share the procedure on Article Master (WP_PLU) and Price Master (Cond_A) setting?

Regards,

Yan

0 Kudos

Hi Yan,

What settings you required for Article Master and Price Master.

You should raise this one as new question. So that you can receive the suggestions from experts.

Best Regards

Rakesh