cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Convert DeskI to WebI w/ Personal Data Providers "Error on Migration Engine"

Former Member
0 Kudos

I'm working on converting a handful of DeskI reports over to WebI for use with a 4.0 SP4P4 instance. We're using the 3.1 SP3 Report Conversion Tool  We can convert the reports using Universes without issue but any report with a personal data provider returns an error "Not Converted: Error on Migration Engine". I've scoured the web for information on this and so far the only suggestion has been to try running the conversion on the server (we get the same issue). Some other things I've tried are to move the report and the data source to my local hard drive and run it there which also returns the same result. I've tried it with an without purging the data with no change. One of the reports in question has upwards of 50 tabs that I would rather not recreate by hand so hoping there's something we can do to get this to work!

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

This isn't supported as far as I've seen the RCT in BI4.1 SP2

Former Member
0 Kudos

With SAP's help we were able to solve this by upgrading our XI Client Tools Installation to Service Pack 5, Patch 4. They did not provide an explanation as to why this would work but we haven't run into any conversion problems since then.

arijit_das
Active Contributor
0 Kudos
Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Arijit! I already came across that matrix which provides a lot of helpful information, except nothing on excel or personal data providers. The Report Conversion Tool guide specifically calls out Excel datasources as being supported for conversion on page 6 of the document, however the only way to get our reports to convert is to remove these from the reports. This is fine for reports with a mix of personal and universe data but for ones with all personal/excel data we don't have any options to fix it from what we can see.