Did you mean: 

Way to create webi report on DSO directly

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

Does there any way to create report on DSO in BO 4.0

I am aware about below

1)  DSO >> Cube \multiprovider >> Bex Query >> Webi report

I read some where that we can create a relational connection on DSO\Cube\ but in IDT I dont find this option .

http://scn.sap.com/community/bi-platform/businessobjects-bi-for-sap/blog/2012/04/19/creating-a-unive...

I can create an OLAP conneciton but to create Data foundation layer , this connection is not in list. only relational connections are present.

2) If I create "Relation connection" no driver for SAP BW

Any suggetion

BR

Parul

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Parul,

You need to create relational connection under repository resources so that i will show drivers for SAP BW.

It is not possible to create report on top of DSO directly in BO 4.0

Way is to create relational connection, select the info-provider, create a DF an BL

Select the info-provider as ODSO, then it will show all the available DSO's for creating BL 

Henry_Banks
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

this man speaks the truth!

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi

I am also taking reference of the same doc.

In IDT to create relation connection , there is no driver for BW system

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Parul,

You need to create relational connection from repository resources not from local projects.

If you still unable to find the drivers for SAP(BW)-JAVA connector, check with your BO Admin people.

Henry_Banks
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Parul,

Mine looks like this:

depending on your bw backend version, you will see options like this:

If i'm not mistaken ,  I think you've reported this issue before on SCn right ?

there must be something amiss with your installation. .    what version and SP are you on ?

Perhaps modify your 'base install' (for the client tools) in the add/remove programs, to see if somehow some some 'enhancement features' haven't been enabled.  Allow it to complete.

then maybe try a Repair install ?

Otherwise,  can you SP-up, or go to 4.1 SP01  and do the above again?  (modify etc )

Regards,

H

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks everyone,

Thanks Ravi, I can see this option in Repository but Not able to connect it in BW prd and migration both , getting below error in both the system

"com.sap.connectivity.cs.java.drivers.DBDError: [Data Federator Driver] [Server] [Connector 'testSourceConnection1382927494153'] An error occurred while trying to ping the server: SAP NetWeaver BW has reported an RFC error: Error during RFC callback: Error when opening an RFC connection (CPIC-CALL: ' ThSAPOCMINIT' : cmRc=2 thRc=67"

Is it right way to connect BW system via relational connection

Whereas I am able to login successfully with the same parameters in BW system

TammyPowlas
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You can follow this blog to create a BW universe

http://scn.sap.com/community/bi-platform/businessobjects-bi-for-sap/blog/2013/10/10/learn-how-to-use...

If you get errors, I recommend opening a SAP support ticket, as there may be an issue with installation

Answers (0)