cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Folder Management/Records Management: Change default max. number of hits in search

SMaes
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi,

In Folder Management (Records Management), in the trx. Organizer it is possible to search for certain elements (service providers). When right-clicking in the Organizer on a service provider (eg. SRM_SPS_DOCUMENT), the "find" option is shown in the context menu.

After clicking this "find" option, a search popup is show with several search fields (eg. description, unique ID). And also a field for restricting the maximum number of hits is shown ("Restrict Hits to"). The default number in this field is always 200.

Is there a way to change this default amount of 200? The users want a higher number (eg. 500) as a default in this "Restrict Hits to" field.

Thanks in advanced for you answers!!

Regards,

Sander

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi.

The default 200 is hard-coded, as Pragya said. Hard-code is on method IF_SRM_SP_VISUAL_QUERY_WIN~QUERY_SPS_SINGLE_RESULT of class CL_SRM_UNIFIC_QUERY_ADAPTER::

prop_context->if_srm_prop_context_query~max_hits_set( 200 ).

* execute query
  CALL METHOD prop_query_control->execute
    EXPORTING
      context    = prop_context
    IMPORTING
      cancelled  = cancel
      result     = prop_query_result.

The last CALL executes the search...

My proposed solution:

That Class are assigned to the records service provider. You can create your Z Class assigning CL_SRM_UNIFIC_QUERY_ADAPTER as super class and redefine the method. Then you can assign your Z class to your service provider.

Best Regards,

Joana

0 Kudos

Hi, Joana!

I thought about the same solution, and checked it in debug mode.

I changed this value in debug mode but on the screen it still was 200, it is hard-coded somewhere else inside execute method...

With regards,

Mike Sabashnyy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mike.

Value is changed on dynpro call, on function srm_loc_dynpro_0100, calling de method CL_SRM_LOC_SAPGUI_FE~APPEND_DEFAULT_PARA_VIS:

ad->set_general_description( gen_desc ).
  CLEAR: int_desc.
  int_desc-min_value = 0.       "cv 2004-11-15 / OSS #3337055 2004
  int_desc-max_value = 99999.   "cv 2004-11-15 / OSS #3337055 2004
  ad->set_integer_description( int_desc ).

av = factory->create_attr_value( ).
  av->set_description( ad ).
  av->if_srm_edit_av_single~integer_set( 200 ).

Best Regards,

Joana.

Pragya_Pande
Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Sandar,

I am afraid the default is hard-coded. This cannot be changed by any configuration.

Best Regards,

Pragya