cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is SAP Crystal Reports, dev version for VS2013 Available?

former_member198639
Participant
0 Kudos

Is SAP Crystal Reports, dev version for VS2013 Available?

And http://scn.sap.com/docs/DOC-35074   does this one work well with vs 2013???

Thanks.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi .

Is the SAP Crystal report for VS2013 available now? If yes, please provide the link.

Regards,

Anand

former_member183750
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Not yet. Keep checking the "Featured Content" on the Overview tab or or follow us on twitter

- Ludek

Senior Support Engineer AGS Product Support, Global Support Center Canada

Follow us on Twitter

benniit
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi all,

March has ended and any link to SAP Crystal report for VS2013? Thanks

former_member183750
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

See my note from March 31, 2014.

Did you check the "Featured Content" on the Overview tab? Are you following us on Twitter?

- Ludek

Follow us on Twitter

former_member183750
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Service Pack 9 for SAP Crystal Reports, developer version for Microsoft Visual Studio is now available for download. Don't forget that to integrate CRVS into VS IDE you must run the install exe(!). And yes, CRVS SP 9 does support VS 2013. List of fixes and Supported Platforms documentation coming next week.

- Ludek

Follow us on Twitter

Former Member
0 Kudos

thank you !

Former Member
0 Kudos

CRVS SP 9 does not appear to support VS 2013 Express for Web. Attempts to install using the install exe simply fail stating that "You must already have Visual Studio 2010, Visual Studio 2012, or Visual Studio 2013 installed to proceed with this installation." Previous versions worked fine with VW 2012 Express for Web; is there a reason support for the latest express version was not included?

former_member183750
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Express was never supported. Not in VS 2010 or 2012.

For more info see KBA: 1810196 - Visual Studio 2012: Crystal Reports WebForm Viewer will not work on IIS Express ( VS 2012 inproc WEB Server )

See this one:

1883149 - Error: You must already have Visual Studio 2010 installed to proceed with this installatio...

- Ludek

Message was edited by: Don Williams

Former Member
0 Kudos

I'm not talking about IIS Express. I'm talking about the free version of Visual Studio. I was using CR for VS fine with Visual Studio 2012 Express for Web.

0 Kudos

Hi Ben,

I updated Ludek's post with another Kbase article. Microsoft does not support Plugins in any Express version so it's nothing we can fix. It may have worked for you but if the installer does not allow it there is no work around except to upgrade to Pro or ultimate.

Don

benniit
Explorer
0 Kudos

Thanks a lot! But I have a problem. I am using vb.net 2013 Ultimate and was able to install the CRforVS_13_0_9 and CRforVS_redist_install_64bit_13_0_9, as I'm using a 64 bit machine running under win 8.1.

My question now is after opening the project, I could not locate the crystal report under File, New, Project-Installed-Template then Visual Basic, though list of programs are listed there. In previous version like 2008, you could clearly see crystal report and select. Do I have to something that I'm not doing right? Please help. Thanks

0 Kudos

Hi Ben,

mmmmm I see it...

You may want to do a repair install. Also, is your VS up to date?

Thanks

Don

benniit
Explorer
0 Kudos

Thanks Mr. Don, I can now see it. Hmm, my headache now is I have these crystal reports in vb.net 2008 and when i added one of them named FileRegisterReport to the vb.net 2013 ultimate project, when I double- clicked on it, it displayed the message "To add components to your class, drag them from the toolbox and use properties window to set their properties..." and  the extension of the added crystal report file has changed to .vb instead of .rpt. Pls what should I do now to get its content intact in the project? Thanks a lot! Ben

0 Kudos

That I believe is normal. VS will add the rpt but it will generate a .vb or .cs file as a reference:

So what is the problem?

Don

benniit
Explorer
0 Kudos

Thanks for the reply. In the following picture you can see that under the Reports folder, I created a new CrystalReport.rpt, and the one I imported from version 2008 is FileRegisterReport as selected. when I double-click it, it displays that message. The report does not show as expected. Please do I need to do something to make it display? Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am having the same problem. I finally got CR to install and I can add a Crystal Report to my project but when I double click the report to view the designer it asks me what program I would like to use to open the file. VS 2013 running on Windows 8.1. Also, Crystal Reports does not show up on the list of installed components under Help -> About.

0 Kudos

Hi Mathew,

I just tested this with Windows 8.1 and VS 2013 SP 2 and it works for me so likley you need to repair the install and make sure you are a local PC administrator so the installer has full rights to generate the registry entries and hooks into Visual Studio.

It may have something to do with your AV software also blocking the installer from full access.

Don

Former Member
0 Kudos

I installed SP2 on Visual Studio and did a reinstall of CRforVS_13_0_9 and I am still not able to edit a report in the development environment. I thought the installation error was caused by InstallShield2013LimitedEdition which I also have installed. I had to uninstall that just to get CR to install without an error. I had administrator rights on the machine. I have been trying to get this working for days. What else can I try?

Thank you for your help.

0 Kudos

Hi Mathew,

In your project open the form and then in the Tool box do you have the CR viewer added?

This may explain why it can't open the report.

Don

0 Kudos

For any issue with install you can look in the \logging folder for the logs, it may tell you what failed to install or register.

I used a clean image and the install worked fine so if their is some third party dependency conflict you need to look in all logs and find the cause.

Something like this is possibly your AV software is blocking VS from access craxddrt.dll, that's what the report will open in the VS IDE. Or registry keys etc.

Make sure you are installing under a Local PC administrator that has full rights to install. You could even copy the installer locally and disconnect your network cable and disable the radio for wireless and then turn off your AV software and try again.

Majority of people have no issues installing so something in your local environment is blocking the install.

Don

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member183750
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

To answer the next question. Service Pack 8 for CRVS will support VS 2013. ETA: March 2014.

- Ludek

Follow us on Twitter

Got Enhancement ideas? Try the SAP Idea Place

Share Your Knowledge in SCN Topic Spaces

Former Member
0 Kudos

we are waiting.. please can you give any day when will be avaiable?
p.s sorry for my low english

0 Kudos

No exact date yet but should be end of this month, March...

Don

former_member188030
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

CR fpr VS 2013 is not available as of yet.

The version you are referring to is SAP crystal reports, developer version for Microsoft Visual Studio and it works with VS 2010 and VS 2012 only.

For more info, see below threads where this query was discussed.

http://scn.sap.com/thread/3405426

http://scn.sap.com/thread/3440443

- Bhushan

former_member198639
Participant
0 Kudos

Oh,thank you. I'll try vs2012.

0 Kudos

FYI, VS 2013 will be supported in SP 9.

Don