cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

User entries in report templates: a new entry added cannot be displayed

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

I have the following issue in the EH&S module. I added a new field as a user-entry in a specific report template (under transaction code CG43). It is a non-standard field added thanks to the user-entry functionality. After that, I got to transaction CBGL_MP01 in order to display a label and populate my user -entry field with a value and it happens that the object description cannot be seen. Have a look at my screenshot enclosed, please.

This is happening under Delivery / Make-to-Stock scenario but the field is fully visible under GENERIC scenario.

The thing is that, adding other fields (standard and non-standard) does not happen the same thing. It is only with this field. I am puzzled.

I would appreciate any advice / comment / help on the matter, please.

Thank you so much

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

michael_hofer
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Mariano,

could you pls. check the field labels of the data element that you are using in the customizing activity "Check and Specify Report Symbols".

The medium label of the data element is used.

Pls. debug the function module C14D_VARFLD_OPEN.

Regards,

Mike

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mariano!

I'm facing the same issue. Did you solve it?

former_member209335
Contributor
0 Kudos
Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Edward,

I did it already and it does not help. It is only a brief description of how to use the user entries. It is helpful but there is no detailed information.

Thank you so much, anyway.

Kind Regards,

Mariano

dhinsap
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Dear Mariano,

This is a typical situation where you get entries in other location  but not in this scenario alone. You could debug the function module C14D_VARFLD_OPEN as michael stated. May i know which version are using?You may also check the SAP note 1770352, perhaps a correction may be required to the support package. Guess it works.

Regards

Dhinesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Michael,

Thanks for your help. I think the only remaining thing I may do is debugging the FM you mentioned. I am a bit confused with it as it happens that another Report Symbol similar to the one with problems can be displayed in the user entry area and all its settings are similar to the one with issues.

Thanks a lot.

Regards,

Mariano

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi !

Can u check the authorization object "C_EHSG_MP1" is maintained for your user profile..?

Also check you have the authorization for each of the labeling scenarios.

Regards

Subash Sankar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Subash,

I added the authorization object you mentioned and it remains the same. Besides, I have a SAP_all authorization profile.

Thanks for your help, anyway. It seems to be a very tricky issue. Other fiels are displayed but the one I mentioned did not.

Kind Regards,

Mariano Saez

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

But the same field is displayed on other scenario ?

[This is happening under Delivery / Make-to-Stock scenario but the field is fully visible under GENERIC scenario.]

In that case, there would be two possibilities

1. Authorization : But you checked & its positive.

2. Since its your custom made symbol, there may be some problem in fetching the description data (my guess. may be wrong).:

So may be you check out the Program used for these particular Scenarios. Check label printing transaction program & Function module for Data Determination. (May be helpful.)

Regards

Subash Sankar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Subash,

Yes, the field is displayed under GENERIC tab. I will check again the FM;s.

Thanks so much.

Regards,

Mariano Saez