out and clock out in Time Machines.

1. If Overtime, it needs to be approved
    before it updates in the IT2005.

Example for Overtime for the below
Daily Work Schedule -:

DWS = General Shift = 08:00 - 17:00 and
Break Schedule = 12:00 - 13:00

Actual time entered for an employee A
is on a specific day are below against the above DWS.

Clock In – 08:00

Break In - 12:00

Break Out - 13:00

Clock Out - 19:00

We need additional
2 Hrs. (17:00 – 19:00) recorded in the Table TEVEN from Time Machine approved
before it entered in the IT2005. So that Time Evaluation can pick up these 2
additional hours and update in ZL for payment in Payroll.

Note: We don’t want late stay hours
for the most of employees in the office and factory recorded in the Table TEVEN
from Time Machine and time evaluation to be determine automatically as Overtime
Hours in ZL table by Time Evaluation rather it should be not paid.

Regards,

Ram

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

rajasekhar_reddy3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

IT2005 is obsolete.SAP suggest to use IT2002

Three ways are there to Determine Overtime .

1.If employee works out of his planned time that time will considered as Overtime using processing time M operation to use OUTTPVTYPE this will be without approval and remaining 2 hours will be added to payroll using ADDZL operation this will be without approval

Example 8 to 17 planned time and working time is 8 to 19 these will be considered as overtime 2 hours.

2.Employee has to apply the Overtime from CATS this will go for approval once it is approved it can be updated in IT2002 the same hours can be queried and update to payroll.

3. Create a custom report to query a Time type which will have Overtime hours so the report should bring the daily overtime hours using the time type . Create two radio buttons for approve and reject . Once manager approve these entries should be updated in IT2002 using a subtype OT these same hours can be updated to payroll using ADDZL operation

Regards,

Raja Sekhar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Raja Sekhar,

Your Point 2 solution is ruled out since we don't have CATS.

Your Point 1 solution - This is standard in SAP by configuring T555Z and
T510S, where all unapproved overtime with M processing type is paid.

In your point 1 solution, can we have approval process in SAP R3, were
all hours clocked out outside the planned working hours goes automatically to
manager from time machine for approval. once approved the approved OT hrs.
updated in IT2002 or IT2005, then time evaluation picks these approved OT hrs.
and determine Processing M from T555Z and determine apt OT Time Wage type from
T510S.

Regards,

Ram

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member193652
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Ram,

As I understood you would just maximum 2 hours out of DWS consider as overtime(paid) and the reset be not paid.

If I am right and this is general rule for all EEs you can do it simply by customize V_T559P. This table will use by LIMIT function in your schema. In this solution you can keep even extra part of work which is not paid also.

Otherwise if you need to a procedure to approve overtime by HR department or any please clarify your requirements.

Cheers,

Omid

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Omid,

I'm framing in other way the same scenario.

Suppose in a company of 100 Employees strength, on a specific day
(29.10.2013) 40 employees clocked outside the planned working hours in a time
machine.

In this scenario my client don't want to pay all 40 employees overtime
just because they have clock out outside the planned working hours in a time
machine, instead they want an approval process here, so that hours approved by
manager should only be consider for overtime.

Now guide me how to automate the Overtime approval process for the above
scenario, when I have SAP R/3 and SAP authorised time machine in place in the
implementation.

Regards,

Ram

former_member184702
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Ram,

Create a time transfer type (IT2012) , create a time type (extra hours stored in one time type ) by using table V_T555A.

Approved extra hours are stored in IT2012 and run the time evaluation, It will be transfer to payroll.

Thanks

Siva

former_member193652
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Ram,

You can use IT2007 for this issue. IT2007 is used for attendance quota and overtime allowance is kind of attendance quota.

You can use it tow ways: Put quota before employee works for it or lets employee works and system will generate the exact extra work then manager will approve part of it or the whole. Approved part will be consider as overtime. We are using second method and it's common.

I have explained the scenario in my correct answer at https://archive.sap.com/discussions/message/14058867#14058867If I had time I would write a document about this issue.

By the way, how manager see the extra work and approve or reject it? Are you using portal or manager desktop of sap or you have a paper based process.

Regards,

Omid

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Omid,

I'm sorry for the delay reply since i was not well.

Thanks.

I have few doubts on your solution.

1. Why we need unapproved OT and approved OT. Why don't we have only approved OT.

2. Is  the batch input run parallelly to Time Evaluation, when we run Time Evaluation.

3. How a program check these are additional hours outside DWS for a particular day from table TEVEN and place it in IT2007 for approval.

4. When we don't have ESS MSS and CATS how we can bring approval process.

Pls. guide me in detail as I unable to understand it.

Regards,

Ram

former_member193652
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Ram,

Let me answer both your replies here.

First assumption: You must not touch anything is coming from clock-in/out. So If EE clock-in at 07:00 and leave at 20:00 you should keep it the exact clock-in/outs in system. IT2011 will keep these data.

Second assumption: Almost companies need to control the exact working hours. For example why an EE works when s/he has no allowance for overtime. So you should keep and report the overtime(which is paid) and extra hours(unpaid overtime).

First question: How you are getting manager approval now? Let assume you have a paper based mechanism.

Second question: When you get overtime allowance(or approve) from manager? For example you are getting before EE works or after EE works?

Imagine managers should send  a list of EEs who are allowed to have overtime tomorrow a day before to HR department. In this case you will record this list in IT2007. Tomorrow when EEs work system will consider the part of extra work(out of planned time) as overtime which has specified in IT2007. If for EE you set 16:00 to 17:00 is allowed in IT2007 and s/he works till 20:00 system just will generate 1 hour as overtime and 3 hours as unpaid overtime. This part need some customizing and control your PCRs.

Otherwise if EEs work and after that HR department receives who is allowed for how many hours overtime you will have exact working hours is IT2007. I mean you should do some customizng, PCR development and run a batch which will generate by a function to have records of IT2007. Then by getting the list of EEs' overtime allowance you will be able to control and approve the whole extra hours or just part of it based on EEs' allowance.

This is the scenario. Please follow my detail and technical explanation at http://scn.sap.com/message/14056988#14056988 for example for function name and so on.

Regards,

Omid

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Omid,

Thanks for clarifying the doubts.

Still I have few doubts. They are below.

"First question: How you are getting manager approval now? Let assume you have a paper based mechanism".

"Second question: When you get overtime allowance(or approve) from manager? For example you are getting before EE works or after EE works?"

-----------> We need to automate this process with approval otherwise importance of having Time Machine and implementing Positive Time Management will get demise.

-----------> We getting approval after EE works.

-----------> Kindly suggest how we can automate this process with approval.

" Otherwise if EEs work and after that HR department receives who is allowed for how many hours overtime you will have exact working hours is IT2007. I mean you should do some customizng, PCR development and run a batch which will generate by a function to have records of IT2007. Then by getting the list of EEs' overtime allowance you will be able to control and approve the whole extra hours or just part of it based on EEs' allowance".

------------> From Table TEVEN will you push only OT Hrs to IT2007 or all hours outside planned working hour and then have approval process.

Pls. guide me on this.

Regards,

Ram

former_member193652
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Ram,

You can get approval after EE wroks and it's the same we do here. You can get thru MSS(Manager self service of SAP Portal) or Manager Desktop for example.

In table TEVEN you have just simple clock-in/outs and your schema is responsible to detect overtime and produce records into IT2007. Have a look at following lines in your schema

GOT   TO20 15   ASC     Calculate overtime with quota 2007 01

GOT   TO20 10   ASC     Overtime on basis of quota 2007 02

In first line you have to keep the type of your quota for approved overtime. As you see above for me it's 15. And in second line keep your quota type of extra work(unapproved overtime). In my case it's 10. You will define these attendance quota types in V_T556P

Also there is operation to generate batch input records of IT2007. The name is BITQU. Have a look its help in PE04

If you need to change it you can make a copy of it's code and make your own version. We did it in a project I think because the original one can't generate records day to day and we would have daily allowance not a general overtime allowance for a month for example.

Regards,

Omid

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Omid,

Thanks.

I'm not clear about the process. Can pls. explain in detail. I'm totally confused with approval scenario.

"In table TEVEN you have just simple clock-in/outs and your schema is responsible to detect overtime and produce records into IT2007. Have a look at following lines in your schema."

Is this you mean in the above paragraph.

---> Every midnight time evaluation is schedule to run and when it run the schema detect OT hours automatically and updates in IT2007?

---> After it updates IT2007 then we need to get approval from manager from MSS or Manager Desktop?

-----> and again time evaluation runs next date and then only it determine time wage type for approved OT hrs and update internal table B2.

Regards,

Ram

former_member47879
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

hello,

Can you please let us know the doubt/question you have.

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Potnuru,

My question is how to depict this scenario in the Positive Time Mangement Implementation.

1. We need additional 2 Hrs. (17:00 – 19:00) recorded in the Table TEVEN from Time Machine should approved before it entered in the IT2005. So that Time Evaluation can pick up these 2
additional hours and update in ZL for payment in Payroll.

Note: We don’t want late stay hours by most of employees in the office and factory recorded in the Table TEVEN from Time Machine to be determine automatically as Overtime Hours in ZL table by Time Evaluation.

Regards,

Ram