Sustainability Discussions
Contribute to SAP sustainability discussions. Share ideas, collaborate on solutions, and join a community driving positive change towards a sustainable future.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SuPM v3.0 SP02 - How to disable "New Report" from the "Actions" Menu ?

joost_peeters2
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello,

We are on SuPM v3.0 SP02 running on top of BW7.31 SP05.

We have a requirement to disable the possibility to create new reports (and dashboards, scorecards,...) for a specific type of user.

I have gone through the Security Guide and found how to restrict access to create KPIs, Frameworks, Conversion factors, etc. with a combination of the /SRCORE/GN, /SRCORE/KP and /SRCORE/RF authorization objects. This works fine, greying out the corresponding menu items.

However, I did not find a way to grey out the "New Report", "New Dashboard" and other reporting items from the "Actions > New" Menu.

I did find a way to prevent people from saving a report by just giving them "Display" access in authorization object S_RS_XA (xa Analytics Objects), but this only triggers an error message when people are trying to save a report after having created it, so definitely not a clean solution.

Does anyone have an idea how to achieve this?

I've added a screenshot of the "Actions" menu where the first 6 'New' items are disabled. My goal is to disable the rest too. Or disable the "New..." menu item altogether 🙂

Thanks,

Joost

1 REPLY 1

joost_peeters2
Participant
0 Kudos

Got the answer from SAP, it is not possible to disable the Menu items "New Report", "New Scorecard" etcetera.