cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Inventory managment: 2LIS_03_BF - beginning $amount in BW are not in sync with ECC

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello experts,

I have an issue with 2LIS_03_BF and 2LIS_03_BX loads for the inventory management. My understanding is:

The beginning amount in BW for each month = the previous month’s ending value in ECC( Tcode MB5B).

I checked the data after all the initial loads, for the current month (sept/2013), BW data is in sync with ECC for all data fields including the beginning amount.

However for all the previous monthes (about 13 months), the beginning amount in BW is not in sync with ECC.

So I am guessing the 2LIS_03_BX load is good since it is loading the current stock, and the issue should be in  2LIS_03_BF load.

Although the key figure in BW for the beginning amount = 0RECVS_VAL - 0ISSVS_VAL,but from some research it indicates the beginning value is calculated backward: for an example, the beginning amount of 8/2013 = 9/2013 –(+) material transactions during August/2013.

My questions:

1: how exactly the beginning amount of previous month is calculated?

2. How to resolve our issue?

Your help is greatly appreciated!

Thanks,

Jun

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

dielom
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Have you filled setup tables accordingly? As Martin suggested, check the documentation, inventory is not straight forward.

cheers

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

when you are checking the value in the inventory we have to consider the UM posting also then only the value will match with ECC. Check if any re valuations(Finance postings happened for those materials) happen  for the last 13 months as you said and load the UM data .

Initialization of BX and BF and UM needs to be done on the same day and do the compression(Marker update)  so that marker will update correctly in the cube and the value will match with ECC MB5B.

Thanks

Srini

john_hawk
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Could it be possible that there were revaluations or changes to the standard price (cost)?

If you are not using 2LIS_03_UM, you'll miss out on all valuation changes.

If you using BW on HANA or another high performance database, consider skipping 2LIS_03_BX entirely and using cumulative rather than non-cumulative key figures, and using a sum of ALL records, just like MB5B.

For example, if your inventory was initially loaded on January 1, 2001 , set your inventory date selection value to start on December 13, 2000 (or earlier) through <inventory date desired> . This will select all of the initial balance transactions and all subsequent transaction, just lik MB5B.

2LIS_03_BX takes a 'snapshot' of inventory.

2LIS_03_BF captures the quantity changes and 2LIS_03_UX captures the revaluations.

However, if ANY material movement occurs between the 2LIS_03_BX load and the 2LIS_03_BF initialization, the values will be off!

In a production system, it practically impossible to have a perfectly quite system for initialization.

IF you have database which can support summing ALL the records from 2LIS_03_BF and 2LIS_03_UX, using cumulative key figures will give you and exact match to ECC.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I checked with our business partners, we don't do revaluation here. So I didn't run UM

Thanks,

former_member185132
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

1: how exactly the beginning amount of previous month is calculated?

As you pointed out, Stock at beginning of Aug 1 = Current stock - (Received from Aug1 till today) + (Issued from Aug1 till today)

2. How to resolve our issue?

Use the MB51 tcode to find the material movements that occurred between 1-Aug and the current date. You can compare that against the Received and Issued quantities/amounts. If there's a difference, you can drill down at month, day, plant, stor loc level to find out if any movements are missing in BW. Based on that, run setup jobs/full repairs to load missing movements.

Regards,

Suhas

manna_das
Contributor
0 Kudos

This message was moderated.

MGrob
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

1) Search the document how to handle inventory management scenarios from sap it has great explaination on marker update and how this works. You BX datasource delivers the current inventory state and all movements back and forth of the BX initialization come through bf.

2) you most likely missed or did a wrong compression step, did not fill the setuptable correctly, not did the bx init during a downtime..

hope that clarifies

Martin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you Martin! I am familiar with the three documents you pointed out, and followed the steps, I believe correctly.

Currently our users are Ok to move forward with the beginning amount we have. Our company sold some subsidaries during last year, that might be a cause.

I will update this if I get more infor.

MGrob
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I still think due to the BX missing you miss the initial inventory amount and thats what you are off to the correct numbers.

hope it helped

Martin

Former Member
0 Kudos

I did check psa for BX, there are data. Also for current month, the beginning value is right. The beginning values of the past 13 months before curent month to the go-alive are wrong.

Thanks,

Jun