cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP UI5 toolkit and ABAP Team Provider for NW GW in Eclipse

Former Member
0 Kudos

All.

I am having problems installing both the SAPUI5 toolkit and the ABAP Repository Team Provider plugin for Eclipse, to deploy UI5 projects to SAP NW Gateway.

The problem is also described in thread: http://scn.sap.com/thread/3426430

I have tried following the solution described by starting fresh, and installing the plugins in this order:

- GWPA plugins

- SAPUI5 ABAP Repository Team Provider

- SAPUI5 Application Development Toolkit

I have tried to install both the toolkit version 1.12.1 and 1.16.3 - neither works.

Please note that there is no problem installing EITHER the Team Provider OR the Toolkit.

But I cannot get both installed in the same Eclipse environment at the same time.

I am getting errors like:

Cannot complete the install because of a conflicting dependency.

Software being installed: SAPUI5 Application Development 1.12.1 (com.sap.ide.ui5.app.feature.external.feature.group 1.12.1)

Software currently installed: SAPUI5 ABAP Repository Team Provider (Developer Edition) 1.14.4 (com.sap.ide.ui5.team.feature.feature.group 1.14.4)

Only one of the following can be installed at once:

SAPUI5 Common 1.14.4 (com.sap.ide.ui5.common 1.14.4)

SAPUI5 Common 1.12.1 (com.sap.ide.ui5.common 1.12.1)

Cannot satisfy dependency:

From: SAPUI5 Application Development 1.12.1 (com.sap.ide.ui5.app.feature.external.feature.group 1.12.1)

To: com.sap.ide.ui5.common [1.12.1]

Cannot satisfy dependency:

From: SAPUI5 ABAP Repository Team Provider (Developer Edition) 1.14.4 (com.sap.ide.ui5.team.feature.feature.group 1.14.4)

To: com.sap.ide.ui5.common [1.14.4]

I hope someone can help.

Thank you and best regards,

Søren Hansen

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Solved at last. Maybe it is logical, but documentation on this is very limited.

I think I will write a post with the details of installing the correct UI5 and team provider version, but for now I will briefly describe the solution.

Apperantly the version of the SAP UI5 toolkit and the team provider plugin MUST be exactly the same version !

Problem:

The public versions of the toolkit (trial versions) at present are 1.12.1 and 1.16.3, and for the team provider plugin 1.14.5 - so there is a mismatch.

Solution:

Go to the SAP Service Marketplace - Software Download Center: http://service.sap.com/swdc

This requires an S-user, and probably some proper licenses (I don't know the details).

Locate the software component SAPUI5 TOOLS IDE PLUGIN 1.00, and download the version corresponding to the patch level of your Gateway System.

For my part I downloaded the file UI5TOOL05P_5-10011992.ZIP, containing the SAP UI5 toolkit version 1.14.6 (NWGW version 7.40 - SP04).

Now locate the software component SAPUI5 TEAM PROV IDE 1.00, again download the version corresponding to the patch level of your Gateway System.

For my part I downloaded the file UI5TEAM05P_5-10011991.ZIP, containing the ABAP Team Provider plugin version 1.14.6.

Extract these zip files, and you are all set to go.

It is now possible to install both in the same Eclipse environment.

Best regards, Søren Hansen

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

raeijpe
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Søren,

Maybe the paper 'Update SAPUI5 SDK and SAPUI5 Team Provider not working in Eclipse because of conflicting dependency' on sapui5.org will solve your problem.

Robert

Former Member
0 Kudos

This is actually what I have been doing. I guess a prerequisite is that I use the exact same version of the UI5 toolkit and the Team Provider. Currently I only know how to get the 1.14.5 team provider, and either version 1.12.1 or 1.16.3 of the UI5 toolkit.

Can anybody tell me how to find the 1.14.5 version of the UI5 toolkit. I have searched the Service Marketplace (service.sap.com) but without any luck.

Thanks, Søren Hansen

ChandraMahajan
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Try at https://tools.hana.ondemand.com/#sapui5

Regards,

Chandra

raeijpe
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Søren,

All the SAPUI5 packages you can find in SAP notes.

You will find UI5 toolkit 1.14.5 in sap note 1923862 - UI Development Toolkit für HTML5 Eclipse Tools 1.14.5.

Click on the link in Patch Level 004 in topic Support Packages & Patches.

Robert

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have come across the ABAP program /UI5/UI5_REPOSITORY_LOAD which can be executed on the Gateway.

It apparently enables upload/download/delete features for the SAP UI5 applications (saved as BSP's on the ABAP stack).

However I find the Team Provider plugin more elegant and think it is much easier to use, when having many changes that needs to be tested. So I would very much like to get that working.

Søren Hansen