cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error retrieving manual attachments from SOFFDB

Former Member
0 Kudos

I created a new HTTP content server that uses Archive link. So all the scanned documents are getting saved in content server which is fine.

But when I switch SOFFDB repository from SAP Database to point to HTTP Content repository, the new documents that are manually attached after the switch are able to be viewed properly.

The old documents that were previously on SAP database, when tried to open now throws an error "Database error for <GET DATA FROM KPRO> <>"

This error is definitely because of the switch to new content server. My question is

1) Do I need to migrate all the documents from SAP Database to HTTP Content server before switching SOFFDB to content server?

2) Where do I find the path of the documents. I just see them in SOOD table and from the configuration in OAC0, I could see that the physical path is mentioned as /usr/sap/<SID>/SYS/global/, but could not find the documents at that location. What is the physical location of the documents that go through SOFFDB (and on SAP database).

Regards

VK

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

SSB
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Dear VK ,

You can maintain the new category in transaction SAKR08 So that all new documents will be saved with new category where as Old documents still remain on the SAPDB and are still accessible.

When you save the documents on the SAPDB (SOFFDB) they will be saved on SAP Database in form of cluster table.

Where as when you save the document on HTTP contents server, They are stored on the content server database and not at the physical path.

Regards

Sagar S Bhide

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Sagar

Thanks for the update. Instead of both

new SOFFHTTP content repository (pointing to my new content server) and the old SOFFDB (pointing to SAP DB), is it possible to migrate all the documents from SAP DB to my new content server and then maintaining only one content server for manual attachments there after?

Thanks

VK

SSB
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Dear  VK,

You can use the report RSIRPIRL to Migrate the documents. For your case the inputs would be :-

Class : - SOFFPHIO

Source :- SOFFDB

Target :- SOFFHTTP

You can use date range for limiting the selection.

Regards

Sagar S Bhide

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Sagar

I am able to test the attachments both on SAP DB and on content server. There is a strange observation. I am unable to attach .txt files onto my content server. I cannot see them when attached. Probably they are getting saved on my SAP DB.

Is there a setting to attach text files onto my content server?

Thanks

VK

Answers (0)