Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Export of Documents form SAP EHS Management

christoph_bergemann
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear all

very regular discussions come up how to export WWI reports (normal once and Onbiudn) once to we.g. exchange them with customer, to present them in a portal etc.

Recently I detected there is a new option available "Report Export by Program" as shown here:

http://help.sap.com/erp2005_ehp_07/helpdata/en/6f/8c1315ba29ae479a94048da4d9410d/content.htm?framese...

Can somebody help: what is the main difference of this topin to the "old" one: "Exporting Reports Manually" as shown here: http://help.sap.com/erp2005_ehp_07/helpdata/en/a7/287cdf0a6c11d28a220000e829fbbd/content.htm?framese...

On high level both approaches seem to be nearly doing the same. From my point of view: using CG54 this is more flexible.

The "Report Export by Program" seems to be much "simpler" (interface etc.) and not so "flexible" in comparision to CG54

Short feedback is appreciated

C.B.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member215519
Participant
0 Kudos

Guess this "new" program can be used easily in batch mode, setup in SM36 and export documents as scheduled. This can make, say a file share, to be updated for offline use and outside SAP.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Christoph,

I agree with John Xu.

CG54 you manually export reports, whereas in 'report export by program' you can schedule it in the background. As a default it picks up all reports with a new version. This functionality is convenient if you have to have all the latest reports available in another system, typically MSDS on the internet (as most have).

For MSDS export with the standard settings as described in SPRO all works fine (Basic Data and Tools->Tools->Import/Export-> Report Export by program). The online help is also helpful.

The only thing I changed:

1) export file directory/path

EHS->Basic Data and Tools->Tools->Import and Export->Basic Settings for Import and Export->File Names and File path->Platform independent File names-> Cross-client Maintenance of file names and path

‘Assignment of Physical path to Logical path’ EHS_EXP_CHEMTR_DOCUMEMTS_PATH.

2) environmental parameters

EHS->Basic Data and Tools->Basic Settings->Specify Env parameters

initiator SRE_EXP_INITIATOR = enter a Sales Org in use. This is required when running program RCVDCREO.

3) if not done so already you need to setup an address number in transaction CVD2

Regards, Jens