cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP SECURITY UPGRADE ISSUE

Former Member
0 Kudos

HIi,

We are upgrading our system from ECC4.7 to ECC 6.oEHP4. While I am performing the security upgrad ewith  SU25 step 2c, I was with the following issue  "Authorization default values for transcation STEMPLATE for object S_CTEMPLAT inconsistent."

So what I did is checked the fields for object S_CTEMPLAT in su24 and su21, there are six different fields for S_CTEMPLAT in su24 but  where as in su21 there are only three different fields for the object S_CTEMPLAT. So please suggest me out  a solution to overcome this error .

Thanks in Advance

Regards,

Bhargav.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member75657
Discoverer
0 Kudos

Hi There,

We just noticed the very same issue with object S_CTEMPLAT. SU25 step 2c stops due to inconsistency in tcode STEMPLATE/object S_CTEMPLAT.

Object S_CTEMPLAT shows 3 fields in SU21 but in SU24 of tcode STEMPLATE it lists 7 fields.

We corrected this by simply setting the object to NO CHECK in SU24. This removed the object. And immediately afterwards we activated the check again. This newly loaded the object into SU24, this time with the correct fields.

Regards

Susanne

freemann
Explorer
0 Kudos

The system didn't allow me to set it to No Check because it's a Basis transaction/object. I had to set the Proposal to No and I could run step 2C.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi RD,

The issue is there are six different fields for S_CTEMPLAT in su24 and whereas in su21 there are only three different fields. So there is data inconsistency for which step 2c) is not performed and what sap recommends is check su21 and make changes in su24. So is it possible to delete fields in su24 or is there is any other alternative ?

Regards,

Bhargav