cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Upgrade management tool issue with connecting to source environment

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I'm trying to copy the objects from the source environment which is BO XI R2 to the destination which is BO 4.0 environment.As soon as I enter the source and destination credentials and click on next I get an error " Communication error occured when trying to connect to server 'BO XI R2 server-name' (FWM 01009)"

I ensured that

1)Machine names and ips are maintained on host files on both the BO Xi R2 server and the client system from where I'm trying to use the Upgrade management tool

2)Windows firewalls are disabled

I tried the following but no luck.

1759336 - "Communication error occurred when trying to connect to server (FWM 01009)" error during c...

Did anybody face similar issue and manage to overcome?

One more observation here is that the source environment has multiple ip addresses associated with it.Do I need to add any command line parameters to the BO XI R2 servers?If yes,which servers do I need to add?

any help is highly appreciated.

regards,

Sridhar

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Prasad and Arvind for your inputs. I resolved the issue by adding command line parameters in BO XI R2 CMS like below: -port ipaddress

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi Sridhar MT

I am trying for the migration from XIR2 to BO 4.0 and I am able to get the same error that you have mentioned.

"Communication error occurred when trying to connect to server 'BO XI R2 server-name' (FWM 01009)"

Can you please elaborate how you fixed this issue.

- Arun Rajendran

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Arun,

You need to modify the command line parameters on XI R2 environment for CMS,IFRS and OFRS. You need to hardcode the port numbers used by these servers. Look for -requestport switch for IFRS,OFRS and CMS servers.In addition to this also configure the -port switch for CMS. Hope this helps.

regards,

Sridhar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sridhar

Thank you for the reply.

I am still confused. In our case the source port number is 6400, what should be the syntax for the command line that needs to be added in the CMS, IFRS and OFRS.

Also in our source system XIR2 CMS the command line is as below. Should I need to open the port 6101, 6102 and 6103 ?

CMS command line

"\\(server name)\D$\Program Files\Business Objects\BusinessObjects Enterprise 11.5\win32_x86\CMS.exe" -service -name (servername)686.cms -restart -requestport 6101"

IFRS command line

"\\(server name)\D$\Program Files\Business Objects\BusinessObjects Enterprise 11.5\win32_x86\inputfileserver.exe" -service -name Input.(server name) -ns @(cluster name) -restart -requestport 6102"

OFRS command line

"\\(server name)\D$\Program Files\Business Objects\BusinessObjects Enterprise 11.5\win32_x86\outputfileserver.exe" -service -name Output.(server name) -ns @(cluster name) -restart -requestport 6103"

And how to configure the -portswitch for CMS ?

If you can provide us the screen shots it would be of great help.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Arun,

You need to add -port to the cms command line like -port serverip and also ensure ports are open on the firewall.

regards,

Sridhar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Are all these ports opened in destination (normally)  6411, 6415, 6420,6425, 6435, 6440,6460, 6465, 6470?

Is the DNS host file properly updated in the machine from which you are trying the migration..ie client machine/dev machine?

Please check the firewall/antivirus settings.

Also try

In CMC>CMS

Uncheck  Auto assign from Request Port and use a valid port opened in the firewall.

If this doesn't work revert to auto assign.

Sandeep

Former Member
0 Kudos

I hope you have ensured that the systems are in same domain and a telnet gives successfull results.

When you mention multiple IP; do you mean a server has multiple adapters / NICs or else has the BO R2 system been configured in Cluster setup.

Do not use multiple adapters. Disable and keep only 1 at a time on a server box to ensure proper communication.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Try to give the System IP , instead of system name as source name. give a try with each IP.

Are you able to do tenet with CMS PORT number of source system.