Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Upgrade Netweaver BW 7 Ehp1 towards BW 7.4 with RTLPOSDM

waelkensd
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi SCN,

I've got a bit of a nasty problem during an upgrade.

System is running on enterprise linux 6 and with a Oracle DB 11.2.0.3

According to MOPZ:

Source release:

SBOP PC 7.5 FOR SAP NW

SP Stack 01

Add-on

SAP EHP1 FOR SAP NETWEAVER 7.0

07 (07/2010)

NetWeaver

Target Release:

SBOP PC 10.0 FOR SAP NW

Stack 03 (May 2013)

Add-on

SAP NETWEAVER 7.4

04 (10/2013)

NetWeaver

The upgrade didn't get any farther than the calculation of the queue and then it stopped mentioning that it was missing files for RTLPOSDM to be able to calculate the queue.

Since BI_CONT was on a reasonably old version (and still with the RTLPOSDM packages included in BI_CONT) I decided to upgrade to BI_CONT 707 and RTLPOSDM 100_700. AFfer installing this, this is now the source release.

SBOP PC 7.5 FOR SAP NW    SP Stack 01 (Add-on)

SAP POS DM 1.0 (Add-on)

SAP EHP1 FOR SAP NETWEAVER 7.0   11 (03/2012) (Netweaver)

When running MOPZ now I do get the following warnings, which are worrying me slightly 🙂

Has anyone else come across this problem or any experience in upgrading from NW 7.0 EHP1 to NW 7.4? I've done an upgrade from a BW 7 Ehp1 to BW 7.3 Ehp1 in the past .But there was no RTLPOSDM component (logically since it was not a retail customer)

Thanks in advance for your help/tips/suggestions.

Dieter

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

sunny_pahuja2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

As per SAP note 1826531, SAP POS DM 1.0 is still not supported with SAP Netweaver 7.4  and date mentioned there is Q2/2013 but I think it is still not supported. Please raise an OSS with SAP to check whether it is supported or not.

Also, As per SAP note 1826531, SAP RTL CAR 1.0 is supported with SAP Netweaver 7.4. SAP RTL CAR 1.0 contains POS DM 200. RTLPOSDM 200 is part of the ABAP Add-on stack which also comprises RTLCAR 100. So, you can plan to upgrade POSDM 1.0 to 200 version. Please check SAP note 1843899 for more information.

Thanks,

Sunny

waelkensd
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Sunny,

thanks a lot for your reply.

I'll have a look at the notes you mentioned and will give feedback here.

I need to check whether it does not create a problem functionally to go to RTLPOSDM 200. But since we're going to a higher SAP version anyway I don't think it will.

Regards,

Dieter

waelkensd
Explorer
0 Kudos

Update on this.

We've advanced with the upgrade after confirmation from SAP we could use the RTLPOSDM version 100_731 SP3 for NW 731

Regards,

Dieter

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Dieter

We are also stuck with the same issue.

We are upgrading our  BW7.01  system to BW7.40. The BI_CONT in source  system is at 706 release and  the target as calculated by MOPZ is  BI_CONT 757.

During the  prepare phase  i am getting the same error for the RTLPOSDM component missing   at the PREP_EXTENSION/BIND_PATCH phase.

AS per note1683825 - Installing RTLPOSDM on SAP NetWeaver , it says its optional use  RTLPOSDM.Neither my MOPZ calculated the same.

Could you please let me know how you where able to fix this , How did you proceed with this error . DId you recalculate the stack including the RTLPOSDM add on

Thanks  & Regards

Vineeth

waelkensd
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Vineeth,

can you paste the component versions here, please?

Do you have a separate BI_CONT and RTLPOSDM in your system already?

Regards,

Dieter

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Dieter

We don't have  RTLPOSDM  component in my system

As per my understanding  RTLPOSDM  became seperate component from  BI_CONT 707 release.

Thanks & Regards

VN

waelkensd
Explorer
0 Kudos

Ahaa,

there you have it

I had exactly the same situation( only difference was that we were on BI CONT 705).

So what you need to do:

1. Upgrade BI_CONT to 707 (this will split BI_CONT and RTLPOSDM into 2 separate packages).

2. Recalculate the queue in Maintenace Optimizer

3. Restart your upgrade

Let me know whether it worked or if you need any help.

Good luck!

Regards,

Dieter

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Dieter

Thanks for the  quick reply.

But  can't we  include the add-on  in MOPZ at "Choose Add-on" and proceed with new stack file  generation.

And then proceed with the the SUM .

Did you happen to try that .

Thanks & Regards

Vineeth

waelkensd
Explorer
0 Kudos

Yes, I did. It didn't work at all.

The problem is, that if you will select it, it'll complain that you selected an Add-on which is not installed. In theory it's not installed, since it's included in your current BI_CONT version.

I tried practically all possible options and the one I described was the one which seemed to be the solution.

Regards,

Dieter

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks a lot  for the reply .

I shall try what you have suggested

Just worried about any dependencies .

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Dieter

I am able to proceed further  after  generating  new stack file including the  add on  RTLPOSDM   in the MOPZ.  Then I started SUM from scratch and now I am able to proceed to next phase in the preparation step.

Thanks & Regards

VN

waelkensd
Explorer
0 Kudos

Great to hear.

Thanks for the update

Dieter

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Dieter

Im with a customer that has a BW 7.0 with a BI_CONT 705.

Im not a Basis consultant, Im more in the functional side but I was wondering how long took for you guys upgrading and migrationg POS DM 1.0 and also uncompressing the TLOGF data. Im afraid of bad experiences

My personal email is belinda.domaga@gmail.com

BR

Belinda

waelkensd
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Belinda,

sorry for the late answer.

I have no clue how long it took them, I wasn't involved in the functional part, but I can't imagine was more than half a day.

Regards,

Dieter

PS: Better take out your email address, to avoid spam 😉

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Dieter!

Sorry to be a spam in your mailbox