cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Crystal Reports 13.07 for visual studio 2012 not rendering in Browser

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am using a 64 bit machine,Windows 7,Visual studio 2012 ultimate, C# asp.net . I installed Crystal Reports 13.07 from this link SAP Crystal Reports, developer version for Microsoft Visual Studio: Updates & Runtime Downloadshttp://scn.sap.com/docs/DOC-7824 The above file installs the 64 bit runtime after the normal installation as it detects that I'm using a 64 bit machine.

Things go smooth until I run the application from the visual studio. It displays a blank page In chrome,firefox,instead of the report. I am attaching the Aspx page, aspx.cs page, Crystal reports page ,Web config page and the Browser page screenshots below. How do I overcome this problem?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member183750
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Ankur         

Looking at the SAP Crystal Reports, developer version for Microsoft Visual Studio - Supported Platforms documentation, Firefox may make sense:

Chrome should work.  What version of IIS are you using? Does the report display in IE? What version of Chrome are you using? What's the OS?

- Ludek

Senior Support Engineer AGS Product Support, Global Support Center Canada

Follow us on Twitter

Share Your Knowledge in SCN Topic Spaces

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ludek ! I am running the application in my development machine(64 bit). I am not yet running the project in IIS

Chrome Version 30.0.1599.101 m,Windows 7 (Ultimate),Visual Studio 2012 ultimate. Is my Web config file (in my question) okay ? For your info , I had previously installed 13.05 version prior to removing and installing the 13.07 version.

.The report is not displaying in any browser . This is what I am getting the following error in IE9

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have found an answer to this question  i.e., WE MUST INSTALL/ACTIVATE  IIS . It seems crystal reports 13 does not yet run on the visual studio server /IIS express.

former_member183750
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Express is not supported as it does not allow for integration of 3rd party components...

- Ludek

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Can you see data when you preview your report in application?

One more thing, look at the CR version in register tag of aspx page which will be added as you drag and drop CR viewer in web page. compare this with what you've updated in your system.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes I can see data When I preview in my application.

When I look at the register tag of aspx page it shows Version=13.0.2000.0  . But I have installed the version 13.07 as I mentioned here . In some forum answers they've recommended using <businessobject> tag in the web config . I do not have that in my web config . If you see my web.config image in my question you might get a better idea of it .

Former Member
0 Kudos

Check all the dll's in project and make sure with the version, recently ran into the same issue and resulted in same blank page. In my case, problem is with dll's version [ upgraded CR from version 10 to 13] .

If you are running app through iis, check the version even in inetpub path.

Former Member
0 Kudos

All the dlls in  my case are having having version 13.0.2000.0 . I can proceed to IIS only after running it successfully in visual studio. I tried in 3 different pcs in my office now and the result is no different . It displays a blank page.