Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to split one among two column into two rows in smartform

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

i have a requirement ,say i have two columns C1 and C2 i need to split C2 into two rows .I am talking about (SMART FORM TEMPLATE )

How can i do it  ?

With Regards ,

Juneed Manha

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Juneed,

So, at least I tried to achieve what you're asking before recommending you just click the pencil icon.

Smartforms templates are built around the concept of a row, and splitting that row into cells (or columns).  As such the 'complex' template you are trying to draw cannot be done without splitting this into multiple templates and positioning them together.  One template for C1 (single cell) and a second template for C2 (two rows).

Regards,

Nick

13 REPLIES 13

FredericGirod
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

select the pen, click with your mouse in the C2 from left to right

no ?

(I prefer to enter directly the value in the grid view)

regards

Fred

sivaganesh_krishnan
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi juneed,

You can split the row C2 by just clicking on the pen button and drag it horizontally .

U can split the row into two by this way .

Regards,

sivaganesh

former_member209120
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

HI Juneed Manha

Try like this

0 Kudos

Hi Ramesh ,

I according to my requirement i don't want to split the template completely into two rows .

(%C1 %C2 ) .

I just want to split only the second column into two rows .

Here what you did is you splitted the entire template into two rows and highlighted the second column and two rows using format .

0 Kudos

Hi Juneed

I think what Ramesh suggested is the way out. Why do you have issue in doing it like that way..can you please elaborate..? what type of output you are expecting please attach a screen shot

Nabheet

0 Kudos

If I understand Juneed's requirement and Ramesh's suggestion, cell %C1 in Juneed's diagram can be filled with text from top to bottom (let's say 4 lines).  In Ramesh's suggestion cell %C1 can only hold 2 lines, any content longer than this will be truncated and would need to be split programatically across %C1 and %C2.  Doesn't sound feasible.

The answer, as has been mentioned elsewhere, is to create 2 templates in 2 windows.

Regards,

Nick

0 Kudos

Hi Nick

We can do this stuff inside main window also where length can be adjusted only thing is first we need to understand how does the text going to be look like..? Is it of fixed length..? Is it header table or Item table soi those details once Juneed provide then we can think of something.

Thanks

Nabheet

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Juneed,

So, at least I tried to achieve what you're asking before recommending you just click the pencil icon.

Smartforms templates are built around the concept of a row, and splitting that row into cells (or columns).  As such the 'complex' template you are trying to draw cannot be done without splitting this into multiple templates and positioning them together.  One template for C1 (single cell) and a second template for C2 (two rows).

Regards,

Nick

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Nick ,

You are the only one understood the exact requirement ,even i found it impossible . My impossibility doesn't mean its impossible in sap .Experts if u have solution help me

With Regards ,

Juneed Manha

0 Kudos

Hi-

I am thinking of this option:

In your Table -> Main Area -> Column C2's change editor declare something like below:

* ------------------ -> Acts like an splitter

* &WA_VBAP-MATNR& -> 2nd Value in same column

-Venkat

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi juneed,

i have worked on same kind of requirement, in this case i have used two different windows and placed them parallel one for C1 and one for C2 and then for C2 keep the rowsize half of C1. But you need to be careful for setting the coordinates.

Thanks,

Nikita

0 Kudos

i think it is not possible u have to create two different template for that .............

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Juneed,

As per your requirement why don't you try to use Templates. Just create 2 templates out of which u can use 1 as full column and another you can spilt into two rows. By doing so it may solve your problem.

Thanks,

With Regards,

Rounak.