Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Movement type to transfer stock to 3rd party vendor with out cost centre

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Expert,

We have a business process like under,

We are purchasing a product WSF bagged from vendor XYZ . We will create PO for material WSF bagged with Vendor XYZ and GR will be done using 101 movement and payment will be made using MIR7/MIRO/F-53.

Acounting entry:-

Inventory WSF-Bagged  Dr

GR/IR                           Cr

GR/IR                          Dr

Vendor-XYZ                  Cr

Vendor XYZ                  Dr

Bank Out going             Cr

How ever packing material used for above bagged product WSF is purchased from vendor ABC for whic PO is done and GR for Goods receipt using 101 movement. MIR7/MIRO/F-53 for payment released.

Inventory Packing Material         Dr

GR/IR                                      Cr

But these packing material purchased from ABC is  transferred to XYZ who will use these material for WSF-Bagged product.

Hence the cost of packing material will be debited to Vendor XYZ.

Accounting entry:-

Vendor XYZ            Dr

Inventory PAcking material Cr

We would like to know any movement type can be used for above entry. Nature of both the line item is Balance Sheet Item.

Regards,

Alok PArida

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

saurav_sarkar3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Alok,

I admit I haven't fullly thought this through but how about using the packaging material as a return line item on the same PO you use to order WSF.

You will get rid of inventory of the packaging material and also be able to post a credit to the vendor.

Thanks,

Saurav.

Prasoon
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

From your explanation, I could guess that its not a subcontract scenario and you dont want to maintain the BOM . In this case, there will be individual stock for the packaging material and the finished product. If this is the case, you may proceed as follows:

1. Create PO for the packing material with vendor ABC with delivery address as the vendor XYZ, along with the "SC Vendor Indicator" in the delivery address tab as shown below:

2. Receive the goods in the plant with movement type 101 O against the PO in MIGO. After GR, the stock will be shown as stock provided to vendor in MMBE. Accounting entries will be generated. You may check the accounting document.

3. Create PO for the WSF bagged product with vendor XYZ. Receive the goods against the PO in migo with 101 movement.

4. Since you are not using BOM, you can transfer post the packing material from the vendor to the plant using 542 movement in MIGO-Transfer posting. Here, accounting doc wont be generated. After that, check the stock in MMBE.

Regards,

AKPT

Message was edited by: AKPT MM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

Pl explain the accounting entry with GL description in case of activity 1,2,3 & 4.

Regards,

Alok

Prasoon
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

There is nothing in GL desription. I suggest you to test the scenario as explained and you could see whether accounting documents are getting generated in all cases or not and the account postings. Its standard SAP process only, you can very well test without any config. If system is asking for GL at the time of GR, maintain it in OBYC.

The accounting Entries will be as follows:

1. GR with 101 O movement: (Activity 2 in my previous comment)  -

BSX    (GL as configured in OBYC)

WRX

PRD will come if there is price diff and material is standard price material.

2. GR with 101 movement (Activity 2 in my previous comment)

BSX      (GL as configured in OBYC)

WRX

PRD will come if there is price diff and material is standard price material.

3. Transfer posting with 542 movement:

No accounting entry will be generated.

Regards,

AKPT

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Alok

where the packing is done...for the material at plant or at vendor xyz...

since its a third party transaction...I suppose the material doesn't come to the plant at all..

Packing material may be covered under Planned delivery costs...GR 101 is it necessary for the material WSF? if it is athird party transaction......Why not plan settlement without GRIV.

IV is posted /may be  ERS can be applied...

If the matl. is for Customer as an addon to the Principal supply from the plant???

If its a periodical process (regular process)may be an Invoice plan can be applied...

some more details of the process can get you better advise I believe...

Rgds

KVNB

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear KVNB,

There will be no activity for packing in SAP since we are raising purchase material PO to XYZ who will give bulk material + Packing material received from vendor ABC in same plant.

We will raise separate PO for packing material to vendor ABC.

The cost of bag will be thru debit note to vendor XYZ.

No MFBF/ no Sub contracting.

Is there any movement type which can pass below entry:-

Debit vendor XYZ                        B/S Item

Credit Inventory PAck MAterial  - B/S Item

I hope this is clear now.

Regards,

Alok

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi alok

you can use BOM option for both materials your S/c material and packing material...

May be this would solve the problem...

rgds

KVNB