cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAProuter via Internet VPN migration questions

Former Member
0 Kudos

We have an existing Internet VPN connection between our saprouter hosts and sapserv1 at 194.117.106.129.  It's been working fine for many years.

Due to several network design changes and security considerations, we need to migrate our saprouter connection to new equipment.

The new design will involve:

1. Changing our saprouter hosts' native IP addresses from their current registered public IP range to RFC 1918 private addresses.
  2. NATing the new RFC 1918 host addresses to NATs within our public IP space.
  3. Terminating the VPN tunnel on a different device that will have a different VPN gateway address on the Internet.

We would want to maintain the existing saprouter setup while we build and test the new connection.

Should I simply register the new info via XX-SER-NET-NEW as if I was a new customer?  I don't want that activity under the same customer number to interfere with our existing saprouter operation.

Will the NAT translations at our firewall cause any problems?  I presume I should just tell SAP that our "new" hosts are those new NAT addresses.

Thanks for your responses!

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Toby_Johnston
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi John,

I believe this will work ok.  Just create the message under XX-SER-NET-NEW and explain what it is you are doing and the network team will be happy to accomodate you.

Regards

Toby Johnston

SAP America, Inc