cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pros and Cons of Using SAP Lumira

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I am new to SAP Lumira and I was wondering what would be the pros and cons of using it.

So far, what I think its pros would be are the following:

1) Can connect to one or more data sources

2) Allows for manipulation, cleanup and visualization of data through graphical charts and tables

3) Has the facility for storyboard creation to let us know how our data is changing and trending

Here is the only con that I can think of:

1) Requires a local installation, unlike Web Intelligence in BI Launch Pad which can be accessed anywhere

Can anyone please help me with this list?

Thanks in advance and best regards,

Ron

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

mike_howles4
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Ron,

I think you have covered the pros well, and I'd add SDK availability as another pro.

And not to be a critic of Lumira, however it still has a way to go for us in two areas:

1) Sharing of Storyboards (not Datasets) on-premise using our existing BI 4.x Platform investment - No cloud solution, our company is not keen in placing corporate data in the cloud yet.

2) More direct access to BW data.  UNX access is a nice stop gap, however BICS seems much more direct of an option with less overhead.

Wish List Item:  And I know this probably will never happen, but it would be super cool if they'd allow BWA access like they do in Explorer, since the products are so similar.  I got shot down on this one though at TechEd .

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ron,

Here is the link that provides the details about Lumira and its new features latest support pack:

http://scn.sap.com/docs/DOC-42920

Also please refer to SAP Note 1927144 for more details regarding the restrictions with SAP Lumira1.13

Also check the user guide which gives more details:

http://help.sap.com/businessobject/product_guides/vi01/en/lum1_12_0_user_en.pdf

Thanks

Raghu

former_member182521
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Have you tried Lumira cloud which doesnt require local installation. If you want to have high processing capability just go for Lumira as it has out of box Sybase IQ and NAVDEQ databases.

Former Member
0 Kudos

The Cloud allows you to access Lumira, and share your files with your team (and anyone who has an account).

Imagine, 1GB of storage on HANA... for free~~

cloud.saplumira.com

Join your colleagues, register today!