cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EPM 10 Local Member Error

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am using BPC EPM 10 for MS and getting a "#NAME?" error in the EPMLocalMemberFormula(), but the actual excel formulas still work. 

The issue appears to be with NOT recognizing the EPM formula itself.  I have un-installed and re-installed the EPM Client, as well have uploaded the most recent SP 15.  This issue may be specific to the client machine, as other users do not have this problem (Excel 2010). Excel 2007 is on the machine having this error.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Just a quick update since there have been recent posts.

To solve the issue, I upgraded to Office 2010, from 2007.  I can NOT confirm if this issue would arise for all users with Office 2007.

Activating Local Members was already selected.  Re-booting the computer and/or shutting down excel did NOT work.  Un-installing and re-installing BPC excel client did not work.

former_member186498
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Debra,

if you mark your answer as "correct answer" the thread will closed and everybody could immediately see your solution avoiding to reopen an old thread (Dr. Frankenstein - please stop reanimating the dead).
You can also mark helpful answers if someone gives you an help.

See please How to close a discussion and why and The SCN Rules of Engagement.

Regards

Roberto

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Beth & Debra,

I am also having the same issue. I have tried the following

1. Reinstalled EPM SP16

2. Installed EPM SP19 (so it is not an issue with SP16).

Also, this problem is very restrictive to a specific laptop.

I will keep researching this problem - I will post any info that I might find.

Thanks!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I resolved the issue by installing the most recent version of MS Office 2010.

Thanks.

Debra

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Debra,

Did you upgrade from Office 2007 by any chance?

I have  a user who is having this issue and I got confirmation that he is currently using 2007.

Thanks.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rajeet (Debra),

Interesting to see others getting this error. We also have a user (Office 2007) getting the same thing but only on their machine. They can login to another machine and the report is ok. It appears to be due to an erroneous string that's appearing in front of the EPMLocalMember command. The full command that shows in the cell is:

=FPMXLClient.TechnicalCategory.EPMLocalMember("LABOR TYPE","002","000")

We don't know where the bolded string above is coming from? Has anyone seen this before or can help with any solution?

Thanks,
Bruce

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Bruce,

I found the following information on FPMXLClient.TechnicalCategory

I will dig around to find more information.

Hope this helps.

Thanks

Ranjeet

meenubansal87
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Debra,

I have faced this issue before and were able to resolve it by just closing MS excel at all, not even a single process should left open. It's occurring because EPM is not able to recognize the connection.

Try with closing excel at all and please let me know if it resolve yours issue also.

Regards,

Meenu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Debra,

How were you able to resolve this issue?  Thanks!

0 Kudos

Hello Beth & Debra,

Have you been able to solve this issue? I am having the same problem, also after checking the 'Activate Local Member Recognition' button.

Thanks!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Debra,

While trying to insert the local member please ensure that the 'Activate local member recognition' is ticked in sheet options. You need not type the EPMlocalmember formula, the EPM add-in will automatically identify the local member as and when you type the formula in the sheet.

Hope this answers your question.

Regards,

Varsha Nalkur.