Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BO4 - Upgrade Management tool error

former_member272336
Participant

Hi,

Using bo4 sp6 at momnet.

Have upgraded test environment to bo4 sp8.

Have exported some folder content to .bira in sp6 environment and looking to move this into sp8 environment

Are diffeent versions so confused.

Any ideas?

Thanks

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member

Hello,

BI 4.0 SP6 or BI 4.0 SP8 or even BI 4.0 SP4 are all minor releases of BI4.0 and hence you cannot use the Upgrade Management tool..

You have to use the Promotion Management tool.

Regards,

Insaf

Former Member
0 Kudos

I agreed with Insaf.

Give a try with the below.

There is an internal switch on the Upgrade Management Tool that will disable version checking. This will allow you to use the tool for porting objects between environments of the same version e.g. between Test & Prod: Add the switch -internal_use_only_noversioncheck to the startup command,

e.g.

Code:-jar upgrademanagementtool.jar -internal_use_only_noversioncheck

former_member272336
Participant
0 Kudos

Excellent - thanks for advice - will give it a try.

mbernsteiner
Associate
Associate
0 Kudos

dear all, is that "trick" working on BI 4.2 also?

Best Regards

Martin

satishsoni
Participant
0 Kudos

I believe not anymore..I have tried putting the parameter but UMT doesn't come up.

Former Member
0 Kudos

soooo... any solution for 4.2 anyone?

DellSC
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

There have been a lot of discussions about this here.  There are a couple of options:

1.  Use lcm_cli.bat with a live-to-live connection to transfer the users and objects.  There are a number of threads about how to do this.

2.  Use the "copy cms database" option in the CCM to copy the data over and then copy the file stores to the new system.  When you do this, I would back-up the server configuration of the new server through the CCM first so that you can restore it and overwrite anything that is pointing to the old servers in the database.

-Dell

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

wobi
Participant
0 Kudos

Isn't this "crappy" - since the Migration management tool was well capable of masstransports - I still don't trust the promotion management tool to be of the same class...

why build "walls" against a good solution ? why not allow to use MMT to handle this?

- Wobi

denis_konovalov
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Promotion management wizard is a better tool for mass transports between same versions than UMT is.
Not to mention LCM CLI, which gives even more control and reliability.

wobi
Participant
0 Kudos

LCM CLI, - command line interface ? -does not sound very "intuitive" to me - who should handle these codes alltogether? We bought a Tool based software -if we wanted to programm everything ourselves - we could do it ...

Wobi

denis_konovalov
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

And you have several tools to do what you need :
1. Promotion management - not too big promotions etc
2. Promotion management wizard - mass promotions, date based promotions etc....
3. LCM CLI - full control of what you want to do. And is not complicated at all :

https://www.sap.com/documents/2017/03/ea02bd5e-b17c-0010-82c7-eda71af511fa.html

No programming necessary.