cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Working BPM WebService not starting if called from VisualComposer

0 Kudos

Hi Community,

first of all, this is my first Post and I'am working with the SAP Java-World only since about 2 Month, so sorry in Advance for any mistake I'm making here.

My Situation is as follows:

I created an BPM Process with an Asynchronous WSDL Interface for the Start-Message (Only Import-Parameters).

I deployed this Process to my Server, which is an SAP PO 7.40.3301 Test-Machine, successfully.

I created a Binding in the Single-Service Administration and was able to call the Service from Service Navigator. (Works like a charme)

Than I created a UI in Visual Composer which gathers all the Data for the Process-Start by calling some RFCs and WebServices from SAP ABAP-Machines, by the way, these work absolutely great.

At the end my Process has to be called with the gathered Data and here is my Problem:

I was able to import the BPM WebService into the VisualComposer, I bound all needed fields to the Importing-Parameters but thats it.

My Process doesn't start.

The only thing I found until now:

In the SOA Connectivity Trace I am getting an exception:

Invalid Response code (401). Server [http://<myserver>:50013/SAPControl.cgi] returned message [Unauthorized]. Http proxy info: none
[EXCEPTION]

After two days of testing, reading, googling and testing again I have absolutely no clue how to proceed with this

Every suggestion is welcome

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

0 Kudos

Finally managed it.

After I deleted all the garbage-configurations I tried before, I created the PO-System in Destination Template with the WSIL URL

http://<host>:<port>/inspection.wsil

And it just started working.

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Jocelyn_Dart
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Lukasz,

What's the authorization of the user id you are using to start the process? Does it have sufficient authorisation to start BPM processes?  You may find this blog helpful... it's a little older but most of the info is still good.. http://scn.sap.com/docs/DOC-30997  

And what's the security profile of the BPM Process itself?  Remember that a BPM Process needs to be assigned either a minimum of basic (user/pwd) authentication and/or you need to set up specific guest user id.

As Benny suggests any failures should be showing up in the logs on the NetWeaver Administrator. But I would suggest you check the security/authentication first. 

If you are able to start the process directly and via WSNavigator then the most likely cause would be an authentication problem. 

Hope that helps

Jocelyn

0 Kudos

Hi Jocelyn, thank you for your answer!

The Users I'am testing with all have the "SAP_BPM_TRIGGER_EVENT" Role assigned.

Also they are SAP_BPM_SuperAdmin, SERVICES_REGISTRY_READ_WRITE and UDDI_TierN.

Missed something on that side?

Does my Java System need to be entered as a Destination on itself, because that didn't solve the problem, either.

I entered the credentials for my User everywhere I came by on the way to make my Process run but still no success, could you tell me where else credentials have to be entered and how to get there? I am totaly loosing the orientation somehow.

The CommunicationProfile, I assigned to the Process has the UserName/Password (Basic) Authentication Method ticked, just like the Profiles I use to run WS from ABAP Systems.

In visual composer I can click on the "Test Data Service", enter the credentials of the User which is supposed to run the VC UI and the Process just starts.

But it still doesn't work how it is meant to be.

This is a Screen from the ApplicationCommunication:

And these are the endpoints of the Process.

benjamin_notheis
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Can you please also check the developer traces (http://<yourserver>:<yourport>/nwa/logs --> View --> Developer Traces) for any message created around the time you tried triggering the web service?

Cheers, Benny

0 Kudos

I have one Error in the Log which is for my UI

Stopped further execution since the interpreter is unusable

But all ABAP Services are called successfully

0 Kudos

Maybe a little hint? I'm getting a little frustrated here