Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HR - CRM integration (7.0 and above). Organizational model

VishnAndr
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello, Colleagues!

Recently we needed to replicate HR organizational model into CRM organizational model. We're on CRM 7.0 Ehp2. So we decided to follow a best practice guide to do this. And were surprised. Because we failed to find any actual information on the topic in best practices for our release. Neither C01 (organizational model for integrated scenario) nor C02 (organizational for standalone) have any information related to the HR-CRM integration. We examined other building blocks such as Connectivity and Cross-topic. Nothing in there.

Such situation is the the same in best practice for 7.0, 7.01, 7.02 versions.

We know that there is a building block C05 for SAP CRM 2007 available.

And recent discussions on SCN refer it. For example,

BTW, it's not easy to find it because on SAP Best Practices for Customer Relationship Management – SAP Help Portal Page best practice for SAP CRM 2007 version is currently available only in Finnish.

But it seems weird for me. For instance, in SAP CRM 7.0 best practice overview there is mentioned that HR-CRM integration is in the scope (slide 22).

But where is it documented? Or why was it removed?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Andrei,

Very clear explained concern by you. By any chance did you get any answer from SAP or somewhere for this?

Appreciate your response.

Thank you.

VishnAndr
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello, Rinky.

Nope. Nothing new till now.

Former Member
0 Kudos

This message was moderated.

former_member198110
Participant
0 Kudos

This is a really good point. SAP's current position/recommendation is unclear.

building block C05 for SAP CRM 2007      is no more fully reliable / up to date.

Note 934372  has to be considered in addition as a few settings needs to be adjusted.

A few topics are now missing :

- CRM BP employes are now replicated to or from ECC. is the official process now starting from HR, triggering the BP employee creation in ECC, which BP is then replicated to CRM through BUPA_MAIN ? what about the org structure assignment ?

- as CP is now used to store the user linked to the BP employee, and this CP is not distributed, how this user information should be managed  ? 

So, back to the original question : where is the new best practice document  on this topic ??? 🙂

Thanks Andrei for this well documented post.

former_member213255
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello,maybe I am wrong, or didnt get you correctly.

According to the documentation HR <> CRM integration, I have checked available docs here

https://help.sap.com/bp-crm#useful_links

Since you're asking for OrgStr setup for the CRM702:

1. Downloaded this DVD 50119922

2. As you mentioned in the beginning C05 Block is now related to the CRM Web UI for marketing...

Checked C01_CRM702_BB [CRM Organizational Model (C01)] and compared it to the old C05 version [CRM Organizational Model with ERP HR Integration(C05)].

I was able to find the same blocks. Not all is the same, but most of them are the same.

I didnt checked too deep, but looks like that C01 is mostly the same as old C05 (for sure sime units now have slightly another name, and some of them are move to the another place in the document), please correct me if I missed something.

KR.

VishnAndr
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Maxim.

Thank you for your inputs. But I clearly stated in my topic starter post:

Neither C01 (organizational model for integrated scenario) nor C02 (organizational for standalone) have any information related to the HR-CRM integration.

Both contains steps to create org. model in CRM manually. No integration with HR covered (loading existed org. model from HR to CRM). I've just rechecked this. Also nothing changed in 7.03 best practices which was published recently in April 2014.

I'm more and more convinced that SAP lost this topic on some step of shuffling a deck of building blocks.

Probably it's time to raise an incident to SAP Support to get it back or to proof that 2007's building block is still applicable.

0 Kudos

Please let us know if you reached to the conclusion on this topic. I am also looking for CRM --> ECC master data, integration best practices. Although BBs give good guidelines, I am afraid those might be out of sync with SAP's strategies and the future functionality roadmap.

former_member196521
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Andrei,

We recently replicated the HR Org Model and employees from SAP HR into SAP CRM.

Following are the steps which we did from a functional point of view

1) Same No range and same grouping  need to be maintained for both SAP CRM and SAP HR, since HR is the leading system no range needs to be kept internal in SAP HR and in SAP CRM the same needs to be kept external.

2) The forms of address needs to be the same in both SAP CRM and ECC systems In ECC the node is Cross Application Components-SAP Business Partner-Basic Settings-Forms of Address- Maintain Forms of Address, in CRM also you will find it under Cross Application Components-SAP Business Partner- Business Partner Forms of Address- Maintain Forms of Address

3) Next also check settings in compare data formats in SAP CRM node would be - CRM-Master Data Business Partner- Integration-Business Partner Employee- Compare Data Formats, here you need to maintain the correct form of address and conversion of marital status(ensure that these settings are the same in ECC as well. Under ECC you will find the same in Cross Application Components-SAP Business Partner- Business Partner- Persons-Marital Status- Maintain Marital Status.

4) Also maintain the name formatting rules for the relevant country

5) Check the tcode OO_CENTRAL_PERSON for maintaining the relevant HR CRM switches.

(Point No 1-5 are for employee replication)

6) For replicating the org model of HR in SAP CRM, the org structure needs to be maintained from the HR side, the same can be pulled in SAP CRM using PFAL tcode in SAP ECC.( You need to take help of the technical consultant since these generate IDOC's)

7) However the root org can be replicated only when the report CRMC_R3_ORG_GENERATE is run in SAP CRM.

Kind Regards

Atul

VishnAndr
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Thank you, Atul.

But my question is not 'how' (here is no problem; it's done already), but my question instead is 'why' and 'where'.

ocpjcp
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Andrei,

Where : Can you please try searching documentation in the ERP(HCM) solution. I remember seeing lot of stuff related to this topic over there.

Why : I think this topic now lies in the portfolio of ERP(HCM).

Regards,

Parveen

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Andrei,

please follow the below link, I hope you will get your answer

1.http://help.sap.com/saphelp_crm40/helpdata/en/04/4d9ae27b2b11d3b52f006094b9114a/content.htm

2.http://help.sap.com/saphelp_crm40/helpdata/EN/61/92733cd180a944e10000000a11402f/content.htm

please find the building block 05 for hr integration.

regards,

Kamlendra

VishnAndr
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello, Parveen.

Yes, everything can be found. Especially at help.sap.com. No issues here.

But:

1. I've never heard of official 'best practice' documents for HCM/HR solution. I mean something similar to CRM best practice documents. I'd appreciate if anyone can provide me a link.

2. As far as it mentioned in CRM best practice (I put a screenshot as you can see) I think it should be in building blocks. Or at least mentioned where to find it. Don't you think?

VishnAndr
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello, Kamlendra.

As you may noticed I put the link to C05 building block in the my topic-starter post. But it's outdated as far as it's for SAP CRM 2007 version. And there is more recent version of SAP CRM best practice documents available.

The same applies to your links. They are for CRM 4.0 I suppose.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Andrei,

BB-C05 as applicable for 2007 and above

regards

kamlendra

VishnAndr
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Any proof? Because if it's true, why all other building blocks are repeatebly transfered from one version of best practices to another, but not this one?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kamesh ,

These links are not working.

Regards

Pardeep