cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

usage of classification ,ecm reporting class

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

Could you please tell me how does it benefit me to classify an ecr  and what would happen if i dont do it.

Also ,what is the use of ecm reporting class .

thanks in advance.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

JL23
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I cannot answer this question; I am not used to the terms ECR and ECM, never heard them before.

Maybe if you could mention transaction codes instead it might make "click" and I realize that I used it for a long time without knowing these terms.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jurgen,

I have seen lots of posts around in the forum which used these terms and hence did the same.

The transaction code for an ECR (engineering change request ) is cc33.

Thanks

JL23
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

No, this transaction code doesn't tell me anything more.

But without classification you cannot use some of the alternative search helps:

Classification is a feature to describe an object in more depth. It allows you to add information for which no designated field is designed.

Just an example for material master: assume you manufacture glass. you need info about the surface, about the thickness, the color, whether it is bullet proof or protects from UVA waves.

There is no chance to put this info into a 40 character long description, so you do not have anything to find the right material number easily., and no standard fields are available either to insert this info.

For such case you define the "fields" as characteristics, and group them under a class for glasses in above example, because you might have other materials that requires different characteristics to describe it. And the class is allocated to the material master. so you get the right fields to describe a certain material more detailed.

And the good thing is, classification search is an embedded functionality in SAPs standard search helps. It allows to search on any field used in your classification.

Hope this clears a bit what you will miss when you do not classify your object

Former Member
0 Kudos

thank you Jürgen.

It has helped yes.But I guess I need to read more .

JL23
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

please do not use uncommon abbreviations. explain what you understand  under ecr and ecm

and why this question is related to logistics execution

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jurgen,

From what I understand,classification helps us to find an ECR ..but I would like to know how would my search be affected if I dont classify it.

when I search for my ECR using f4 option ,i see the columns like created by,status etc. but I would like to know how this is related to ECM reporting class.