cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is it feasible to know how many labels were printed in a certain date and time?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

Is it feasible to know how many labels were printed in a certain date and time?

I know that by running S_SH8_84000399 (Reorganization and Printout of Audit Trail Data), you may list all the Report Generation Variants  per material and substance , that were printed on a specific Date / Time but I do not know whether is possible to find the labels printed or not.

Thank you so much for your help.

Best Regards,

Mariano

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member209335
Contributor
0 Kudos

Mariano,

yes, you can ,The system itself  records the data when you print labels,The system will capture the following data

Data used for label determination, Material details, specification, generation variant,Label stock ,User entry data,The user who made the user entries, Date Time Report symbol key by means of which the user entry is printed,Value before the changes made by the user, that is the value found by the system in label determination and  Value after the changes made by the user details

Note : In order for the system to log a change to a user entry, you must have set the Log indicator in Customizing for GLM under specify labeling scenarios for the field in which the entry was made in the labeling scenario.

In the basic data and tools menu, choose Tools Labeling Log Reorganization and Printout of Audit Trail Data.

Display Data

2.  Enter the time frame for the data you wish to display and set the Test Run indicator.

3.  Choose  with the quick info text Execute.

The system displays the data.

Delete Data

2.  Enter the time frame for the data you wish to delete and remove the Test Run indicator.

3.  Choose  with the quick info text Execute.

The system deletes the data from the database and displays this data.

Edward

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Edward,

Thanks for your answer. I tried the labelling log before posting this issue in here. I cannot see whereabout you can see the number of labels (and number of times a certain label was printed) being printed.

Thanks a lot.

Regards,

Mariano

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

You have mentioned that you tried "labeling log". But have you configured IMG activity for Labeling log...?

Please refer the thread, http://scn.sap.com/thread/3434408.

If you problem is different, please post that.

Regards

Subash Sankar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Subash,

Thanks for that. Unfortunately, this is something already checked.

Anyway, the user entries log you mentioned by going to the IMG allows to include several user entries AVAILABLE FOR THE WHOLE SCENARIO  and they are not template-specific user-entries as I would like to have.

Thanks for your help.

Best Regards,

Mariano

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi again Subash,

The IMG path mentioned in your attached thread: Product Safety --> Set Log level .. is only available in the ECC6? It happens I cannot find it in my IMG. I am in SAP ECC 6.0 but I do not have the latest enhancement.

Thanks again

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi again Subash,

The IMG path mentioned in your attached thread: Product Safety --> Set Log level .. is only available in the ECC6? It happens I cannot find it in my IMG. I am in SAP ECC 6.0 but I do not have the latest enhancement.

Thanks again

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi !

Taking your question one by one,

Question:

“Is it feasible to know how many labels were printed in a certain date and time?”

Answer :

Yes ! But that doen’t mean that you physically got the same output at your printer.

As you know, you have to run, “S_SH8_84000399”. It will display the details like this,

But to get report like this, you need to carry out certain IMG activites.

1. check whether the BC Set "EHS_GLM_CCGLC_USER_ACTION_T" was activated. (Its part of continuos improvement which is available from EHP3. This answers your question, “The IMG path mentioned in your attached thread: Product Safety --> Set Log level .. is only available in the ECC6? It happens I cannot find it in my IMG. I am in SAP ECC 6.0 but I do not have the latest enhancement.

Check here, OPS_EHS_CI_1 --> EHS_GLM_UI_03 --> CBGL_SFWS_UI1 --> Switch BC Sets --> EHS_GLM_CCGLC_USER_ACTION_T.

2. If not activated, activate it in required client.

3. After activation, maintain the following entries in the table, “CCGLC_USERACTION” (to know the meaning for these entries see here, http://www.consolut.com/en/s/sap-ides-access/d/s/doc/YY-EHS_GLM_LOGLEVEL )

• MANUAL_PRINT_DIALOG
    • FILTER_CRITERIA
    • OED_SCENARIO
    • OED_TEMPLATE
    • ONLY_MARKED_OED
    • LABEL_INFO
    • SERIAL_NUMBER
    • PRINT
    • PREVIEW
    • ALL
    • OFF

4. Set the environment parameter, “GLM_FLG_AUDIT_ALL" as ‘X’.

Environment, Health and Safety --> Basic Data and Tools --> Basic Settings --> Specify Environment Parameters.

5. Now navigate to the IMG path (depends on your patch level)

Environment, Health and Safety -->  Product Safety --> Global Label Management --> Set Log Level (Available from EHP 3)

Or

Environment, Health and Safety -->   Global Label Management --> Set Basic Data and Tools for Global Label Management -->       Set Log Level (Available from EHP 5 SP 11; EHP 6 SP 08; EHP 7)

6. Assign the “labeling scenario” to the “User Action”.

Now you carry out label printing from CBGL_MP01 and then run “S_SH8_84000399”. You will get the audit data for label printing depending on the user action parameter you assigned in IMG activity.

Question:

“I know that by running S_SH8_84000399 (Reorganization and Printout of Audit Trail Data), you may list all the Report Generation Variants  per material and substance , that were printed on a specific Date / Time but I do not know whether is possible to find the labels printed or not.”

Answer:

I assume you are asking, whether the no of label print out displayed is equal to the no of actual error free labels printed ? right..? In that case, it need not be. Once the print is sent to printer, it gets logged (depending on the log level you have said).

Regards

Subash Sankar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you so much for your very detailed answer, Subash.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mari

Pl.Check below thread

http://scn.sap.com/thread/3434408

Balajee