cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

active the DSO with error

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi!

I think I make a mistake that I had actived the DSO in the production systerm.And the notice telled me that I have no authorization to creat the data source which with the head of 8+technical name.Well,the DSO in the production systerm can't active now.When I right click the DSO and select the manage it showed that infocube is not a Basis-infocube; Administration is not useful. What can I do? Thanks!

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Lee,

Is the issue solved? Kindly share the solution if it got solved, we are also facing same issue.

Regards,

Harish.

shahidimam_shaik
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Bob,

ry to activate with the program RSDG_ODSO_ACTIVATE. Goto SE38 --> give program name --> execute.

I didn't understand your question clearly, If you haven't got the authorization for DSO, then you have not changed anything of Infocube???. So, can you please eloborate your question?

"When I right click the DSO and select the manage it showed that infocube is not a Basis-infocube; Administration is not useful. What can I do?"

Have you right-click the DSO? Is the technical name belong to DSO?

regards,

Shahid.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for your answer first of all.

My trouble is that the notice told me I haven't got the authorization to active the data source with the head 8+technical name when the DSO was activating.Then the DSO turned gray.

After that,I right click the DSO and select the button of 'manage', it poped up a dialog box which said'infocube is not a Basis-infocube; Administration is not useful'.

Should I use the program RSDG_ODSO_ACTIVATE in the production systerm?

expecting your anser!

shahidimam_shaik
Active Participant
0 Kudos

your welcome..

Should I use the program RSDG_ODSO_ACTIVATE in the production systerm?

It depends on how you are maintaining your PROD system. You can take a decision on to do modifications in Prod or not.

However, you can try this program to activate DSO. Regarding Authorization of Datasources, which starts with '8', please check with the BASIS, for the authorisation.

Former Member
0 Kudos

morning!

I can't solve my problem even I use the program RSDG_ODSO_ACTIVATE.In the activating, it said that activating infosource 8GGTRQZ(the output infosource) error because haven't the authorization.And the DSO can't turn back the old version because the structure has been changed.

shahidimam_shaik
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Morning Lee, Speak to your Basis team. Ask them to give you authorization for datasources which start's with '8'.

regards,

Shahid.