cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Modify Start Stop Server probe to be used with a particular server?

0 Kudos

Hi,

I'm currently using  BI4 SP6 and have a question on the "Start Stop Server" probe

Can the parameters of that probe be modified to restart particular servers and not the whole environment?

I would like to restart a service based on a danger event, for example if I have a crystal RAS server that has processed more than 100 reports, I would like to restart that server automatically

Or if the same server's health raise a danger event, then restart the server

I'll appreciate your input

thanks,

Alejandro

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member182521
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Have you tried modifying Where Clause of the Input parameter of the probe accordingly as below

0 Kudos

Hi Manikandan ,

thanks for your response

I was leaning that way, to see if somebody modified that whereclause, have you modified that before?

The default where clause shows WHERE SI_NAm NOT LIKE "" ... this that means that those adaptive servers won't be restarted?

However  I was able to register a "script probe" based on a "command Line" and I entered the following command:

"D:\Program Files (x86)\SAP BusinessObjects\SAP BusinessObjects Enterprise XI 4.0\win64_x64\ccm.exe" -managedrestart server1.CrystalReports2011ReportApplicationServer -cms server1:6400 -username administrator -password pwd123  -authentication secEnterprise

After that I used that probe in a watch as an action when the Danger rule is reached

It is actually working pretty good

thanks,

Alejandro

former_member196901
Participant
0 Kudos

Hey Alejandro,

I copied your script and trying to create a probe based on this script the only thing i changed is the server name because i want to restart my CMS through the probe. This is my script:

"D:\Program Files (x86)\SAP BusinessObjects\SAP BusinessObjects Enterprise XI 4.0\win64_x64\ccm.exe" -managedrestart server1.CentralManagementServer -cms server1:6400 -username administrator -password pwd123  -authentication secEnterprise

When i run this in the cmd prompt, ccm opens up and says opening session but it does not restart the CMS. How can i make sure it restart the CMS? Can you help? Thanks

JohnClark
Active Participant
0 Kudos

I don't think you can use this option to restart the CMS.  The command line options rely on the CMS to be able to log in to Business Objects.

The only way you could make this work would be if you have a clustered environment with more than one CMS.  You could set up the command line to log in to a CMS that you don't want to restart.

Answers (0)