Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Employee Profile SAPUI5 blank screen

golo_maichel
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi,

we are testing ESS on SAPUI5 (SPS05).

The Start-Screen (sap/bc/ui5_ui5/sap/arsrvc_suite_pb/main.html?page=HR_SELFSERVICES), Leave Request and Organization Chart works fine.

But the Employee Profile shows a blank screen and the javascript console shows the error:

ReferenceError: employeeParams is not defined

I have tested the ODATA Service HRESS_EMP_PROFILE_SERVICE with the Gateway Client:

for the entity set  /sap/opu/odata/sap/HRESS_EMP_PROFILE_SERVICE/EmployeeCollection I get the output:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8" ?>

- <error xmlns="http://schemas.microsoft.com/ado/2007/08/dataservices/metadata">

<code>SY/530</code>

<message xml:lang="de">Methode 'GET_ENTITYSET' in Datenanbieterklasse nicht implementiert.</message>

- <innererror>

<transactionid>527B1580AD8D36F7E10000000A4174BF</transactionid>

- <errordetails>

- <errordetail>

<code>/IWBEP/CX_MGW_TECH_EXCEPTION</code>

<message>Methode 'GET_ENTITYSET' in Datenanbieterklasse nicht implementiert.</message>

<propertyref />

<severity>error</severity>

</errordetail>

</errordetails>

</innererror>

</error>

Can anyone help me in this case?

Regards

Golo Maichel

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Fabien1
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I have exactly the same problem as Golo.

If someone has idea ?

thanks a lot.

Fabien

golo_maichel
Explorer
0 Kudos

You can find the solution in this thread:

http://scn.sap.com/message/14529256

Employee profile uses the launch pad role ESS instance MYINFO,

if this launchpad has been modified, please delete the modified version and leave the SAP standard entry.

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Fabien1
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Rajora,

Sorry for my late response but no error, no dump, only a blank screen.

I was missing an entry in LPD_CUST.

Thank you all

Regards.

Fabien

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Fabien,

I have the same blank employee profile. Would you mind sharing the missing entry in LPD_CUST?

Regards,

Punleu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello punleu

Make sure the following:

1. Employee Profile application is placed inside a folder.

2. Maintain Advanced parameter as shown in screen 2.

Check and let me know if the issue is resolved.

Regards

Anil Joshi

Fabien1
Explorer
0 Kudos

Thanks Golo,

But in fact it's still not working.

Doing a HTTP trace through st01, I have the following error :

Method                  : GET
Path                    : /sap/opu/odata/UI2/LAUNCHPAD/ResolveAlias
Status Code             : 500
Status Text             : Internal Server Error

The SICF service "launchpad" is active... I don't really understand.

If someopne can helps

Thank you.

Fabien

golo_maichel
Explorer
Fabien1
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Golo,

Thanks but unfortunately, yes, ODATA Gateway services and Sicf services are correctly activated.

I don't understand....

Fabien

siddharthrajora
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

your error says it has alias error?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Have you checked whether proper ESS/MSS roles are assigned to this user in ECC?

Regards

Sahil Kohli

golo_maichel
Explorer
0 Kudos

I have copied the  Roles SAP_EMPLOYEE_ESS_UI5_1, SAP_MANAGER_MSS_CR_UI5_1 and SAP_PAO_HRPROFESSIONAL_3  with all the subroles, generated the Profiles and assigned the roles to the user. Additionally the user has the SAP_ALL profiles.

Regards

Golo Maichel

Former Member
0 Kudos

Please also check user permission on Portal. User should have the permission to use iview, role, workset, page and the System Object.

Regards

Sahil Kohli

golo_maichel
Explorer
0 Kudos

I call the Start-Screen directly on the Backend Server. No portal is envolved at this time.

Is there a business package for the Portal to get roles und iviews for SAP UI5 ESS or do I havte to create "SAPUI5-iviews" at my own?

Regards

Golo Maichel

siddharthrajora
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

No there is no business package, SAP changed its BP ie role delivery

read note Sap Note 1685257 explains this process

Please can you check your gateway? As I see it works for different applications

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_gateway20sp06/helpdata/en/ca/c683e80

3494b77a2e1290b987556e2/content.htm.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Golo

Similar, to the issue you had, I have the identical issue.

I call the Start-Screen directly through PFCG role. No portal is envolved at this time.

I am using a standard lauchpad (not customised). I do have a url

/sap/bc/ui5_ui5/sap/HRESS_EMP_PRO_G/index.html in the role ESS MYINFO. I still get a blank screen.

Can you please share how your issue got resolved?

The difference I see between ESS MENU role  and ESS MYINFO is of the system alias they use.

ESS MENU      - SAP_ECC_HumanResources

ESS MYINFO   - SAP_HCM_PROXY

The RFC connection as suggested by SAP has been created as SAP_ECC_HumanResources.

How about SAP_HCM_PROXY? Could you share some information with regards to the issue.

golo_maichel
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Anil,

we have the same aliases in the launchpad definition and we only defined the alias "SAP_ECC_HumanResources" in sm42 as ABAP-RFC (Type 3) to the local system. "SAP_HCM_PROXY" doesn't exists in our system, but HRESS_EMP_PRO_G works.

The important thing is to set the alias to the ODATA Serive in transaction /IWFND/MAINT_SERVICE (or by spro: SAP NetWeaver -> Gateway -> OData Channel -> Administration -> General Settings -> Activate and Maintain Services or Assing Sap System aliases ...)

In the Service Catalog go to ZHRESS_EMP_PROFILE_SERVICE and check, if there is a systemalias set. I have tested the following: if I delete the System alias there, I also get a blank screen.

Also check, if the ODATA ICF Node is activated.

If there is no system alias to choose, then goto SAP NetWeaver -> Gateway -> OData Channel -> Configuration -> Connection Settings -> SAP Netweaver Gateway to SAP System -> Manage SAP System Aliases. There you can define the alias of type /IWPGW/BWF with local settings.

Good luck!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Thanks for you reply. Appreciate it. We have maintained all that you mentioned. However, still it the employee screen is blank.

We also have an issue with Leave Request Page. Getting an error: Error in customising. "Contact your system administration"

Is there a step by step document available as to what Basis Team has to do the configuation. If you have one, please share.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Golo

Thanks for the link. Actually it's EHP7, SP2 issue. In LPD_CUST for ESS two instances are provided by SAP...SAP MENU and SAP MYINFO. SAP MYINFO has services like Leave Request, Salary Statement and Employee Profile.

We maintained Employee Profile in SAP MENU and the issue is resolved.

Wonder....I have to move a standard service from one instance to another to make it work.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Anil, can you share what exactly did you maintain on the EmpProfile under sap/MENU? The system alias? Can you be more specific?

I still get this blank screen with no error messages on /IWFND/ERROR_LOG.

Thanks,

Ozgur

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Ozgur

You just need to make sure that Employee Profile is maintain in launchpad within ESS instance MENU. In the standard system it is maintained under ESS instance MYINFO. Just replicate  it in ESS instance MENU. You will see 2 tabs within it OVERVIEW and TALENT.

Regards

Anil Joshi

former_member214868
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Anil,

We are also facing the error as mentioned below.

Error in customizing. Contact system administrator

Is there any SPRO customization needs to be done under SPRO path

Personnel Management ---> Employee Self-Service (SAPUI5) ---->

Working Time ----> Leave Request

Please revert me.

Thanks,

Urmi