cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Track vehicle ID with TM and EM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi folks

I'm trying to find how to track a vehicle ID with EM & TM. I found the vehicle ID stored on tm table /SCMTMS/D_TRQCID. I really appreciate any tip or suggestion how to do it.

Regards

Eduardo Chagas

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

MarcoFreischlag
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Eduardo,

with TM 9.1 and EM SP 4 a new visibility scenario will be available "resource tracking". In the coming days we'll publish the first version of the resource tracking scenario guide which you could check concerning vehicle tracking.

Regards Marco

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you Marco!

If you remember please let me know when you publish this document. I'm looking forward to see the details.

Best regards

Eduardo Chagas

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thinking more about it... I need to clarify more my scenario. I'm using VMS (SAP Vehicle Management System) and it creates a batch and assign the bacht to the purchase order.

My requirement is to track by batch number which is the vehicle ID.

Thanks

Eduardo Chagas

MarcoFreischlag
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Eduardo,

here the first input on the Resource Tracking scenario for TM - EM http://scn.sap.com/docs/DOC-49069

Regards Marco

former_member190756
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Eduardo,

are you using this integration http://help.sap.com/saphelp_dbm700/helpdata/en/8d/88c43ace7a3b46e10000000a114084/frameset.htm 

How is this related with TM as your have mentioned table /SCMTMS/D_TRQCID?

Best regards,

Steffen

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes Steffen

That's what I'm looking for! What I see is the batch number (vehicle ID) is being transferred from PO (ECC) to TM and the it is stored in the table /SCMTMS/D_TRQCID.

I checked the link you sent me (onnection to SAP SCEM) and it is not clear! For example which business process should be configured? Also seems that the integration with VMS is not supported by EM9.0.

Regards

Eduardo Chagas

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for the document Marco. It will be very usefull. But it is not exactly what I'm looking for.

Regards

Eduardo Chagas

Former Member
0 Kudos

I'll need to capture events from the production order and shipment.

😉

former_member190756
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

For that you could create Event Types in the ERP system in transaction /n/saptrx/asc0ao

for Business Process Type:

ESC_SHIPMT

ESC_WRKORD

But could you describe in which system you want tos trat the process?

If you want to track starting from TM it will be difficult as /SCMTMS/D_TRQCID is not in the BPT for the TRQ.

Best regards,

Steffen

Former Member
0 Kudos

Tks Steffen.

I don't see these BPTs on TM/EM. I can only see on ECC/EM. Is it possible to have it on TM/EM? Should I activate a BF or install a plug-in?

The last one... 🙂 Make sense to centralize EM?

Thank you! I really apreciate your answers.

Eduardo Chagas

former_member190756
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

They are only available on ECC as there only the tables for Extraction available. I think you must first define from which system you want to start the tracking. Messages to update the process can tn later be sent from other systems. E.g. you start the tracking in VMS and later send updates from TM. But this depends on your scenario and what you want to achieve.

Best regards,

Steffen

Former Member
0 Kudos

BTW... I have submitted an idea on idea place

https://ideas.sap.com/ct/ct_a_view_idea.bix?c=26378CB9-92F2-4F82-8595-5A9FBD05FEA4&idea_id=B896DD81-...

For those who have the same requirement... please vote!

Regards

Eduardo Chagas

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Ritz
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Eduardo,

Thanks for creating this document.

I also promoted your idea, hope you will get more promotions.

Thanks

Ritesh