cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

find out a group of material GR on certain date without batch environment

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear all,

If under batch environment, I can make use of Good Receipt Date to pull out a list of batch material records having the same receipt date.

For example, customer A complains about one of our material items the quality is not satisfy, and we can find out these batch of material items are bought from one vendor and were goods receipt on XX day XX month XXXX year.

Hence, we can pull out from batch if batch is used.

However, if SAP environment is not batch activated and the material is not batch-managed, I am wondering if above requirement can be achieve in other method.

If you faced this problem before, let me know.

Thanks

Daniel

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

JL23
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Without batch management you can only assume, but you have no evidence, hence it is not reliable and cannot be used in a lawsuit. At least not from within SAP. If the material is proper labeled then you can know it if look at the material physically.

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member218067
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

This message was moderated.

former_member198492
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Daniel

We had a similar issue a while back and as Jurgen states, without batch management, you cannot trace material history/movements 100%.

We had looked at not allowing 'addition to stock' for materials so that if the same material is receipted, it had to be put in to a new bin (which will have a GR date for that part in that bin (quant))

However, it would not make best use of our warehouse space which was limited and if material qty issued was from more than one bin, you will lose all traceability.

A possible option would be to use serial number management. This will give you a unique record of a part being GR and GI throughout SAP. However, obviously, it could only be used for whole units as you cannot GR to GI a serial numbered part as a decimal (e.g. 0.4 EA)

You could use project stock marked to a WBS (Q stock) as this creates a unique record of a part being processed through SAP. However, I expect it was not designed for this use.

Batch management is still the best way to trace materials through SAP.

Hope this helps

Regards

Darren

former_member183155
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

If you use JIT or nonstock procurement to product , you can help migo document date.

On the otherhand , you have not batch numbers , you can not follow stocks.

Regards.

M.Ozgur Unal