Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Your greatest fantasy/ wish/ dream ?

nitin_jinagal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi All,

Lets share our greatest fantasy or wish or any dream which you would like to get real while sipping the coffee aroma.

It Could be anything from landing on Mars to be the richest person to become the Savior of world.

So what's yours ??

Cheers!!

ntn

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

That SCN will become a more professional platform (for old hats and newbies) and that my crusade against the idiotic points system will be successful in the end.

Intchallah... 🙂

Julius

nitin_jinagal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Intresting !!

Only wish that could come true is related to SCN, hats off to you

Former Member
0 Kudos

Oh! Can we ask for Christmas presents here as well??

nitin_jinagal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Anything you like. That's why its been initiated

Answers (18)

Answers (18)

sarat_malladi
Explorer
0 Kudos

I wish i could fly like a bird... to my fav places in world

former_member221248
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Dear Nitin,

My big wish is to take my momdad together for char dham.

Already completed one dham in 2013-Dwara:-) 🙂

Others dham yet to start. Hoping to complete soon.

2014 i am targetting in south kanyakumari rameshwaram 🙂 🙂

Wish me luck and give your best wishes!!!!

Regards,

Meenakshi

rajneesh_saxena
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Meenakshi

Your wish is very pious and sweet. Just keep you views likewise for the whole life. God bless you.

Also I wish your dream may come true very soon.

Regards

Rajneesh Saxena

nitin_jinagal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Meenakshi,

I have been to Rameshwaram and I'm telling you it is beautiful place. Dhanushkhodi is nearby and visit that also. Srilanka is 13 km away from there.

Besides, I also went to Puri but couldn't go to temple but beach only. So basically I also have gone to one out of four.

All the best for your so holy wish. May you see all the four places very soon

Nitin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Meenakshi,

Your wish is very noble and beautiful. May your wish come true .

All the very best for your dream..

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Guys

As i mentioned about my sky diving couple of months back in this discussion..

finally I did it

Cheers

Pavan M

nitin_jinagal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hey Pavan,

Many congrats on achieving what you had desired to get for so long.

Picture is thrilling !!

ntn

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you Nitin

Former Member
0 Kudos

This confirms for me that you are crazy.. 

Former Member
0 Kudos

haha .. Thanks Julius ... You can bet on ur hat on this ..  I am crazy .. for adventurous stuff

Former Member
0 Kudos

Help to others who really need...

Find the right people...

not in SCN..

No one should get stopped their education because of money...

I need to get more money to help more more people..

nitin_jinagal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

That's very noble !!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Want to fly a plant that is full of SCN friends....

matt
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Fly a plant? Is that like this book? Keep the Aspidistra Flying Penguin Modern Classics: Amazon.co.uk: George Orwell: Books (The only Orwell novel that's quite positive).

nitin_jinagal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

nitin_jinagal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Seems a great book with so many wonderful reviews!!

matt
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

It is very good book. I recommend it.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Oooops

Its was a Plane*

nitin_jinagal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Ok. Let me get it and read. Its always good to read recommended books rather than going for something new which you do not know.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Nitin,

First of all i would thank you for creating such innovative idea about discussion about  wish List .

I wish i could become "School Boy"  Means Primary School Boy and i want to remains school boy forever .

I missing out all mischieves thing we use to do in our school days and Missing out my dear buddies.

I know my wish is Very Very Silly But still posting Because it is my Utlimate Wish.  

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hahahaha

Those days are unforgettable.

nitin_jinagal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

No its not silly. Rather an amazing one and I can bet everyone would love to get back to that phase of life. That was truly amazing

ntn

ajeyagv
Participant
0 Kudos

Mine is what the most of the people want. Money and a beautiful girl for life.

nitin_jinagal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

True one, realistic and achievable

Former Member
0 Kudos

beautiful girl for life

Committed one! (1) Girl for entire life

Regards,

Nick Loy

nitin_jinagal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Yes buddy !! We believe in loyalty than anything

Virinchy
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I wish i could attend this year SAP Teched  ...

Regards

VIru

nitin_jinagal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Ahh.. That is pretty honest but is that all you fantasize most about ?

Florian
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

In my opinion there must be two things.

Be healthy and happy surrounded by family and friends.

I don't care about anything else, if those two things happens to me my hole life long.

Regards

florian

nitin_jinagal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Absolutely true. Health and love is basically all you need to live happily along with minimum needed wealth.

If one posses them, nothing else is needed and you don't wish further most of the time.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Fantasy/wish/dream ---Skydiving...

I know it sounds funny , but yeah ... this actually is my fantasy...

It got canceled twice due to weather, i hope i will jump this time on 19th Jan.

Fingers crossed, wish me luck .

nitin_jinagal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

It isn't funny but adventurous I would say.

All the best for this January. Share your flying pictures

ntn

nisha_sharma1
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Thanks for Initiating this thread...this is the first time I am participating in any coffee corner discussion.After reading all wishes/dreams of fellow SCNians even I got interested in sharing one..

I want to travel every year to new places in India & around the world. 2013 being a wonderful year for me.I traveled a lot and got to visit some places in India & South East Asia.

Sharing a pic from Langkawi..

I wish to continue this journey and add more & more places to my travel diary in times to come..

Thanks

nitin_jinagal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Nisha,

Thank you for reviving this thread . I have started to think that all the wishes are fulfilled or fantasist have gone away. Your's is fantastic and realistic too. I would admit that keeping apart my unrealistic fantasy I shared,  I would adopt yours' as a realistic of mine.

Picture is amazing !!!

ntn

nisha_sharma1
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Thanks Nitin And All the Best for 2014.

Former Member
0 Kudos

It would be awesome if i could read people's mind. I'll be able to understand beforehand what people want

Steffi_Warnecke
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

That is something I'd never want to know, because that way you'd always know what the other person is thinking about you. ^^ Ignorance is bliss in this case IMO.

nitin_jinagal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

What would be the first thing you would do to your PM if you can do that, read his mind ?

ntn

nitin_jinagal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Lets see what Kartik has to say about this

ntn

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes especially when he asks for time estimation

Former Member
0 Kudos

If i can read mind when i want to then its not suce a problem. Only i shouldn't be tempted to read people's mind every second

As they say information is power especially when its wanted by everyone.

matt
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I'm sure there are some people's mind I don't want to read.

nitin_jinagal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

And what about the rest of people?  Would you like to read theirs

ntn

nitin_jinagal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Yup. But what would you do when you know about his thoughts ?

ntn

Steffi_Warnecke
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

The temptation will be pretty strong, that's just human nature. ^^ To get reassured or better to hope to get assuring.

Also... if this get's know, you'll probably loose a lot of friends and people will stay away from you. See it from the other side: would you like somebody around, who can look at your most private thoughts without having the chance to stop him/her?

At first a lot of those super-powers look great, but with a closer look... what was it? With great power comes great responsibility. ^^

ThomasZloch
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Also, you don't want to overdo it in poker tournaments, or they will catch you eventually.

Thomas

matt
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

The ones that read like great literature, yes. But it's the one's written with wax crayon I'd avoid.

nitin_jinagal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Ok. How would they know that Kartik can read their minds? It is Kartik who has this ability, not others

ntn

nitin_jinagal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Do you want to try this with your PM/President?  Or next time when you go to give your vote ??

ntn

ThomasZloch
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

If you repeatedly make decisions that you possibly cannot make without knowing your opponents cards, they will zoom in on you.

Example: you are calling a high bet with a weak hand, knowing that your opponent has just "air". Maybe you can get away with it once, but not several times. OK, they might not suspect mind reading, but any other form of cheating.

So, use it wisely

Thomas

nitin_jinagal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

That's an appropriate explanation

ntn

matt
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I'm a stranger in a strange land. I don't get to vote.

Former Member
0 Kudos

My greatest wish is to be able to time-travel at will.

former_member186064
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I wish that my memory should be too sharp that if I read anything once, it should never go off from my mind and then I will become expert in all SAP modules, mostly in technical modules... because being a FICO consultant I wonder how ABAPers remember all codings.. .

matt
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

We don't remember all the codings... or at least we shouldn't. Programming isn't just remembering keywords. It's like making a drawing with a pencil. If I can't remember a particular way of doing something, I look it up - searching SCN or google. What's the point in remembering something that's readily available?

former_member186064
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Billingham,

As you said, What is the point in remembering something....

But then why interviewer ask all these small things in interview such as t.code, some radio button and check box in a particular screen,...? And they will reject if we fail to answer these small things.

Steffi_Warnecke
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Well, you could ask the interviewer that. ^^

matt
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Only bad interviewers will ask that kind of question. When I was a hiring manager I never asked questions that could be easily answered by someone with an eidetic memory and no actual skill.

In the same way only bad interviewers ask "What is your biggest weakness".

A good interview question should be open, giving the candidate the opportunity to show their skill and ability as practised in a real life situation. My favourites are things like "what are the common problems encountered when writing a report in the PP area". Only someone with experience can answer that.

BenedictV
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Totally agree. Sometimes the interview becomes a 'show-off' stage for the interviewer. I once had a BW interviewer who asked me if I knew ABAP, I said 'yes'. Then he kept pushing me deeper and deeper with questions in ABAP and finally when I said 'I don't know' to a question he replied, "It means you don't know ABAP completely, so you should not say you know ABAP"....

Benedict

nitin_jinagal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You should join me

matt
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I used to push and push in an area - but that was mainly to see if the candidate would at some point say "I don't know". It's important to admit when you don't know.

Steffi_Warnecke
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Yes, absolutly. If you think, you know everything, that means you don't think, there is room or need for improvement. Not something an employer should look for IMO.

0 Kudos

Every human will be having dreams on their personal front. Whether it may be personal life or professional life.

According to me in IT industry, everyday we need to new learn new things or update our technology so that it would be helpful to our growth as well as the company benefits.

In my near future, i dream of writing few blogs on SAP Business Intelligence, which would be helpful for all the beginners in this stream.

Thanks,

Sridhar Goud

nitin_jinagal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Very nice thoughts Sridhar. You would definitely achieve this

ntn

0 Kudos

Thanks Nitin...I too wish you all the best for ur dreams.

nitin_jinagal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Mine (mentioned here) is quite difficult to achieve

ntn

BenedictV
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

yes Steffi, it is impossible to know everything even if it is one module or technology. But the question was not "Do you know everything?". The question was "Do you know?". Do you think it is prudent to withdraw with a "no"......

Benedict

Steffi_Warnecke
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I'd answer with the long road: That I have experience with this and that and that, too, but also am keen and absolutly willing to learn something new every day, as it is normal in the IT world. At least I hope the interviewer didn't limit the answer to one word. ^^

Lukas_Weigelt
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

No more macros in the depths of ABAP OO source code... ~_~

/thread

nitin_jinagal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

hehe

Nice

Jelena
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

What, no one would wish for world peace or something more global? Tsk-tsk...

nitin_jinagal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Jelena,

Very well said. Global peace is something which is needed on top most priority. Still there is no harm in sharing your one personal fantasy that just mean for you only

Steffi_Warnecke
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

That's kind of worn out by the beauty pageants. ^^

BenedictV
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Nope, to hard to get even in a fantasy world.

nitin_jinagal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

That's why it is a fantasy or a wish that is wished to be come true. Even you can't get wings and fly to Pandora in real world

ntn

Former Member
0 Kudos

Superlike

BenedictV
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Wish I had a bird that I could climb on and fly to places. Just like those guys in Avatar. I want to travel a lot an xplore different exotic locations around the world

Benedict

matt
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I'm quite happy with the way things are now, though I'd be pleased to lose another 3-4 kg.

Steffi_Warnecke
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I'll just steal that. ^^

Former Member
0 Kudos

In my case, I need to get 3-4 kg.

=P

nitin_jinagal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Matthew,

You look pretty good in you DP. I don't think you need to lose anything

Former Member
0 Kudos

For some days now, I have a fantasy. I would like a kind of appraisal mechanism in discussion forums. Why? Some of well thought, researched answers, ideas to problems, correct way of doing stuff, helpful answers are going without recognition. Even if you participate in a spirit, for healthy, quality content sharing in SCN, it will be disappointing to see that there is no recognition for the time spent (Except if you are a saint) What I want? There are so many experts in every area. So if I feel I have posted a helpful or even the accurate answer and see it went unrecognized, then I can send it to the expert for appraisal (to get it evaluated as helpful or even correct). There is a catch here. How to avoid ill thought about requests? Kind of negative marking will keep everybody at bay. So if expert feels his time was wasted there, he could reduce points (). How to streamline it? Have a timebound appraisal process, you can send it monthly once or so.

Since this will not happen in real life, it will continue as my fantasy.

nitin_jinagal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Fantasies makes the things true and you have very well said. I don't think this is not at all feasible.

May be some expert give a thought to your Fantasy and try to make the things the way you look.

I must admit that I actually support your concern and in well favor of it.

This should happen !!

Former Member
0 Kudos

I still don't see much more than a bat's chance in hell though that Amaranatha can be transformed into Tony Stark ... <Pfui.. smack Julius's hand>

Perhaps in a next life? Or via download / upload?

Anyway.. never give up. Everything is possible if you dream hard enough about it and have lots of time on your hands.

Cheers,

Julius

Steffi_Warnecke
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

And money! Don't forget money! All those nifty Ironman suits don't come cheap... ^^

Former Member
0 Kudos

I wish i could become Tony Stark, , in real life.

ThomasZloch
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

After you, please.

nitin_jinagal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Thomas,

Mine is quite different. I want a cellphone in which Time machine functionality/App is available.

I want to see/witness all the moments and era from Dino age to Human evolution to different battles across the globe. Different ages from Lord Rama to Jesus Christ to Emp Akbar. This app would show me all such events and I just need to accept it and I'm there.

Besides, this cellphone does not require battery/signal so that I don't lose it where there was no electricity/ antenna. I cannot die there and merely thinking would bring me back to present.

That's my craziest wish

Steffi_Warnecke
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You should talk to Bill & Ted. ^^ Not sure about the "not dying there"-part, though. And they had to dial back to get home. But other than that...

nitin_jinagal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

This is my fantasy and there is lot of flexibility. It works my way

and other than that.... ???

ThomasZloch
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I'm a bit older, so I was rather reminded of Time Tunnel (TV Series 1966–1967)

(OK, I watched the re-runs in the late 70s / early 80s...)

Indeed a fascinating thought, however you are usually not allowed to manipulate history due to all sorts of logical conflicts, this reduces the fun to some extend.

Thomas

Steffi_Warnecke
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

however you are usually not allowed to manipulate history due to all sorts of logical conflicts, this reduces the fun to some extend.

Try explaining that to the Doctor!

nitin_jinagal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Steffi & Thomas,

Pl share yours.. I see this is going to be real fun

Steffi_Warnecke
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Mine is already explained in my BIF. ^^

Former Member
0 Kudos

Missed opportunity - you could have asked for another shrubbery...

Steffi_Warnecke
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

What? Another shrubbery? I don't even have one!

former_member216332
Participant
0 Kudos

Well... that is one crazy wish I admit

The best part is where the whole package is delivered as a downloadable mobile app !!

That sounds really cool

nitin_jinagal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Sam,

Thanks for acknowledging my wish. yes it sounds crazy and it is crazy. I mean that would be the last thing I can think of to achieve.

Just imagine yourself in the Hitler's room to see his reaction when he got to know about being attacked from all side, Witnessing the epic battle 'Mahabharata' watching Arjuna fighting with Karna, dooms day which eliminated entire race of Dinos, first day when Mankind invented Fire, Riding a horse with Alexandra, or simply sitting besides Mohd Ali when he threw his Olympic medals.... andthis is countless, more you think more you remember!!!!

I mean we all have heard of all these incidents, read about our history, watched different movies narrating the events.... But to be there in real time and be a part of it..... that's CRAZY and that's my ultimate fantasy

ntn

moazzam_ali
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I will snatch that cellphone from you

nitin_jinagal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Haha... You'll never know my whereabouts

How would you do that ??

ntn

moazzam_ali
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You know media these days. We can't hide anything from them. Even animals in Jungles have no privacy and they have to look around whether some camera is capturing them or not

if you get such cellphone then how would you hide it

nitin_jinagal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

No media in Dino age (not even humans)

No media in 'Mahabharata'

etc

etc

And when Im there, how would anyone know ? I also said merely thinking would bring me back/ to other place. So I'll just vanish from there if media comes or you try to snatch it

ntn

Former Member
0 Kudos

After observing this discussion for a while now, I think it is a fairly safe bet to simply walk up to the local dealer in Mahabhrata, Tatooine, or wherever... and just ask: "Where is Nitin?" ...  😉

moazzam_ali
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Lollzz. If there were no media at that time then there were no Cellphone as well Media and Cellphone will go together. Now choice is yours whether to get that cellphone along with media or change your fantasy

Thank$

nitin_jinagal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

If things were that simple or feasible, then this wouldn't have been my fantasy 😛

Its mine n works in my way.. Hahaha

ntn

nitin_jinagal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Interesting !! But you cant find me... 😛

moazzam_ali
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

This is the fantacy which is not going to happen ever so lets just imagin this and get excited

nitin_jinagal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Yup. So u can call it my unrealistic fantasy. But fantasy is fantasy which does not get real

ntn

Former Member
0 Kudos

We don't need to find you. You will find us when you go looking for your dealer...  🙂

moazzam_ali
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

yeah true

nitin_jinagal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Share yours please. let see how realistic is it

ntn

nitin_jinagal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I don't need to go to a dealer. Why would I want to do that ??

moazzam_ali
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Mine is very simple and realistic too but dont know it will come true or not. I want to travel in every country of this world. I always wanted a job where I have to travel a lot and I could see different cultures, nations and countries. May be someday I would be able to travel and this is possible only if I have a visa free passport and a unlimited credit card

Thank$

nitin_jinagal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

We 'both' want to travel around. Difference is the medium and places.

You want visa free passport to visit, and I want that cellphone/device to roam around.

You want an unlimited credit card, I want unlimited access to this device.

So our fantasies ain't too different

ntn

moazzam_ali
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

But mine is somehow realistic one and yours is totally imagination

bruno_esperanca
Contributor
0 Kudos

That could actually be possible... when you look into the sky at night you are already looking into the past... so with a powerful enough telescope you should be able to look into the Earth's past

Just not the future

Cheers,

Bruno

Former Member
0 Kudos

I wanted to be like..  If i have some desire that have some price so i don't want to see the price tag for rethinking before buying that .

nitin_jinagal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Richie rich

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hehehe..

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hey Nitin,

Nicely explained it in a word

Regards