cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

USER_NOT_AUTHORIZED for optional BW variable with analysis authorization

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello!

we have an issue for specific users in our Xcelisus/Business Objects Dashboards Solution.

Some users have their authorization limited to the variable Organisational Unit which is also used as a Filter Prompt in the Dashboard.

For those users the following happens:

They execute the Dashboard

Filters are loading their values

Error "USER_NOT_AUTHORIZED" appears.

The user clicks OK and then selects any value in the LOV of the Organisational Unit.

The Dashboard works fine.

The issue is thus apparently that Dashboard is not able to fetch the default values based on the user authorization but instead "trys" to show all OrgUnits to the Users which of course leads to "no authorization"

When executing the underlying query in the Web the prompt shows the default value in the "Organisational Unit" per default:

[+#######(0ORGUNIT)]

Would the user remove that value, he would also get the error "no authorization" of course.

Is there any way to prepopulate and pass the values to the filter prompt in Xcelisus?

I read somewhere else that Support Pack 07 for BI 4.0 is supposed to fix that - any experience on that?

Thank you for your help!

Best regards!

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sorry I just realized today that people are actually still on the topic

We dropped Xcelsisus completely from our strategy in the meantime.
The solution on our side in the end was a specific Variable that the technical team created on the Organisational Hierarchy that would fill the value on Xcelsisus Side.

I can ask them for details if you still need it. Please let me know!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Solution to the problem!!!

In BW environment, insert the authorization variables in the filter restrictions characteristics.

cristian_nazar2
Discoverer
0 Kudos

Hi ,  Marvin .

do you fix this issue ?

i have the same problem

regards

Cristian N.

Henry_Banks
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi,

I see that "USER_NOT_AUTHORIZED" reference in this note: 1812327 - Error:" BW System <system ID> returned state: USER_NOT_AUTHORIZED (WIS 00000)" is displaye...

But it was written from a webi perspective, so i'm not sure if it applies to you (it depends on your choice of connectivity )

It also pops up as a fixed defect of Analysis Olap in  patch 15 on SP05 codeline. also same fix in SP07 and SP08, as seen here:  https://websmp202.sap-ag.de/~form/sapnet?_FRAME=CONTAINER&_OBJECT=011000358700001253212012E

I've moved your thread to dashboards forum.

regards,

H