cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP front end issue

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello gurus,

We're currenlty working with GLM Labelling solutions.

We have a selection of WWI templates availabe on our EHS server.

We have 3 environments : DEV / QUALITY / PRODUCTION (each connected to a specific EHS Server).

Everytime we do a refresh of our Quality environment (= copy of our Production environment), we are loosing link with all existing templates.

After refresh, server is not connected anymore.

We manually correct destination changing environment parameter (WI_GENSERVER_SYN_DEST).

Then it's working again but only if we export and import again templates from Production.

It seems that system is not able to find templates on server (even if they physically exist).

I'm thinking there is a technical table that should be saved before refresh and reload after in order not to loose link.

Any idea on that subject would be higly appreciated.

B.regards,

thomas

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Thomas

check the WWI Sen service start type in CGSADM whether it is Manual or Automatic. if it is manual change it to Automatic and try

Balajee

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Balajee,

thanks for your quick reply.

I checked in CGSADM and all service type start are already defined as automatic.

I don't know why but I only see my EHS Expert rule server using this transaction and not my EHS GLM server. there are seperate.

But in fact, we have exactly same issue with SDS templates.

I think my issue is related to refresh operation because I have no problem with DEV environment.

Everytime we refresh with Production data, we can't access anymore to templates available on Quality EHS server.

error message = "Could not load file to front end"

We need to cancel entry in CG42, and then to export/import again Template from Production.

Any idea ?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Thomas

Did you check  the SAP Note: 866032 ( Apply the procedure in solution No :3) ? It May solve your problem

Balajee

christoph_bergemann
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Thomas

I did not realy catch your topic.

Regarding:

We have a selection of WWI templates availabe on our EHS server.

Tenplates are part of e.g. SAP DMS. There is no connectiton to WWI server

Regarding:

Everytime we do a refresh of our Quality environment (= copy of our Production environment), we are loosing link with all existing templates.

This depends how you are doing the refresh. If it is a "one" to one copy e.g. the genvariant should be copied correct; but WWI templates are special; a "one to one "copy of prod to qual does always generated "afterwork" in context of WWI layouts (there are many reasons why)

Regarding: WWI Server:

If you really do a "one to one" copy the whole WWI server set zp need to be done once again. In most cases. Q does have different servers in comparison to P; therefore there is always the need to do "afterwork"

Potential reasons: names of WWI server are different, RFC connection is different etc.

n furthere hiint ofwarning: if you really do "one to one" copy you looseny any "updated" tmeplates which have beend prpeared via "dev"

Shortly. The handling of WWI templates in Dev, Qual a,d Prod is not easy. You need a very robust process not to "destroy" Q after a "one to one "refresh. It may happpen that you loose e.g. generation vairnats as well

C.B:

PS: be ware of the fact that if you really execute a one to one refrehs you have may be more afterwor to consider; e.g. in your developüment pipeline you have may be had new identifiers etc. Therefor it can happen that you need to "reimport" some transport requests from Dev.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you Christoph,

Sorry, yes you're right, templates are physically stored at SAP DMS level.

We're doing a 1 to 1 copy.

i'm fully aware that everything done after last copy won't exist at Q level.

We are already processing "afterworks" operation in order to connect back quality envt to EHS Q server. After that, it's wrking perfectly if we create a new Template, or if we import a Template from production to quality.

what I'm looking for is a potential "afterwork" operation I should process in order to keep link between Template header in CG42 and my WORD document at DMS level.

By doing that, I should be able to find back all templates that were existing until last copy.

Answers (0)