cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Attachments to emails

Former Member
0 Kudos

I tried hard but could not find the original thread in the CC (either search problems or it got lost in some migration or did not have enough points...).

Anyway, there was a discussion about Shakespeare in the Coffee Corner created by some ABAP developers who encountered JAVA and PHP code embedded into ABAP coding texts. The wisdom of this appeared to be the functional equivalent of macros and the organizational motivation appeared to be (at the time) that all SAP systems will be double-stacks and developers more familiar with ABAP can "park" some of their code in ABAP functions because it is more convenient for them when working on JAVA or other projects.

The best idea that came out of that discussion which also has practical use was a macro which checked that if a mail was being sent which should have an attachment, but you forgot to add the attachment or the program failed... (ring a bell?)..  then you at least get a warning about it. If I remember correctly it was saslove sap who initiated it and posted her macro.

> Try sending an email from Windows 8, SAPGui 7.30 PL on SAP 7.41 on Windows OS with the word "attachment" in the body of the mail which does not have an attached document....  you now get a warning message... 🙂

I am still investigating whether it is the client sending the mail or whether it is SAP calling the client or whether SAP has implemented this on the back end side, but it is very cool. Reminded me of the ancient rant about attachments.

Cheers,

Julius

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

midhun_vp
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I have noticed this functionality in Gmail too. First time I got surprised seeing the pop up. But it is working for only for some predefined sentence in Gmail.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Actually I was being foxed myself. I was sending SAP attachments but the message was from Office 2013 Outlook which was sending the mail. Addition the attachment failed - but thanks to the message I noticed that..  🙂

Cheers,

Julius