cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why MIGO-GR in subcon with SA keep hitting Message no M7022

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I am trying to perform a GR with reference to a delivery schedule from a scheduling agreement of a subcontract item. The following is the error message I encountered.

PU Ordered quantity exceeded by 5.000 PC : 0001062 K227 7031
Message no. M7022

I don’t understand why I hit this error message as my delivery schedule below does specified the correct quantity. (i.e. 5pcs to deliver on 25.11.2013)

The components for this delivery scheduling line item:

The following is the MIGO-GR

As you can see from the above figure that the Schedule Delivery Line item for material # 0001062 is 5pcs to be delivered on “25.11.2013”, and my posting date used in MIGO are either “28.11.2013” & “25.11.2013”, and both date also hitting same error message (hence I don’t think is the posting date problem). But the 5pcs are legitimate.

Do you have any idea?

Regards,
Daniel

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

JL23
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Have look into OSS note 741385 - Goods receipts up to current date for scheduling agreements

and related notes like 708973, which explains SAP is calculating the open PO quantity for a schedule agreement only up to the current date

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Peter/AKPT/Dev/Jurgen,

Apparently I still stuck on this issue but with new development, and hopefully, the following of my testing , help troubleshoot the problem.

Let’s recap this issue:
My previous problem is when I tried to perform GRN for a Scheduling Agreement of subcontracting, I hits the error (
PU Ordered quantity exceeded by XXXX PC : 0001062 2210 1031).
However, I tried to perform a GRN with a subcontracting PO (not the SA) using the same vendor and same PIR used by the SA above, there is NO error encounter.

I suspect root cause of the problem is the “Qty in Unit of Entry” field in the MIGO. See my following testing.

1. when I tried to perform GRN with the SA, the “Qty in Unit of Entry” field does not suggest any quantity value (i.e. blank) by default in MIGO.
    Even if I manually put in a stock quantity, I will still hits the “PU Ordered quantity exceeded by 5.000 PC : B-70273-98 1011 0011, Message no. M7022” error message for any stock quantity I key in.

2. However, if I perform the GRN with the normal subcontracting Purchasing Order (without ref the SA), the system will able to default the “Qty in Unit of Entry” field with stock quantity from PO order quantity, and no error complaints from SAP.

Hence, if only performing GRN with reference to Scheduling Agreement behave like the GRN with reference to Purchase Order, which is to pull out the stock order quantity from the purchasing document, the error will not happen.

Do you know the problem?

Regards,
Dan.

Prasoon
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Please check whether any schedule line is due for the date you entered in MIGO. Please check the same in me38.

Also, test the same scheduling agreement scenario without item cat L (normal scheduling agreement) and check whether the system allows GR.

Regards,

AKPT

Petepall
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Daniel,

What I find strange is that you get a line showing up in MIGO but with quantity 0.

Normally if there are no open requirements the system would return a message as like no selectable items can be found.

Do you have any development for over receiving control or other control set-up on your system?

I'm asking the question in regards to the development as we have had a similar issue which was caused by a user exit development for better over receiving control.

I reiterate my suggestion that I made in an earlier mail.

When you enter a requirement in ME38 or MRP generates schedule lines that are then visible in ME38 but you have not transmitted a release then no GR is possible.

Note if you work with JIT schedules then you must have open JIT schedule lines on today's date or before in order to be able to perform a goods receipt.

If you have created and transmitted the release, then it would be useful to have a screenshot of ME38 + the releases generated in ME38 with then also for the latest release a screenshot of this last releases details.

Why a PO is working?

Is because there the check is not done in regards to the delivery date.

If there are open requirements on the PO then you are able to post a goods receipt even if this is days before the planned delivery date (unless restricted through implementation of enhancement).

former_member183424
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Just make a standard SA without any item category.

Create just one schedule line with proper date in ME38..

Then do GR, See whats happens.

If the same problem occurs.

Then must be something missing on you SA.

Please check the refer note 741385, 509418, 708973..

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Peter,

What you have stated on your re-iteration statement is correct, which is the SA has to perform delivery schedule release (ME84) before GR.

But strange enough that I have performed ME84 two days back when I hits error to try perform the GRN.

Now I performed ME84, and it is ok now, which is the 6pcs appear as the default value on my last previous screenshot.

I will close this forum since it is getting long, and I continue to test it out.

But thanks,

Daniel

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Prasoon
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

If you are in 4.6C, check the note: 509418  - MIGO: Incorrect quantities and values for subcontracting

Regards,

AKPT

former_member183424
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

You date in delivery schedule line is 25.11.2013.

But your current system date is 17.11.2013.

Because of you are receiving the material on 17.11.2013.

You can change the delivery schedule line date from 25 to 17.

Please try and revert back.

Normally this message is coming when you are receiving more than PO quantity.

But because of it is a SA, then it could be date issue.

Thanks

DEV

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have tried and it doesn't work Dev.

but thanks.

Petepall
Contributor
0 Kudos

Daniel,

2 items come to mind.

1. Have you released the order? Meaning have you generated and processed the release in ME38 or via ME84
  2. You are posting in the future, I think this might be an issue as the current system date is only the 17th. Try to set your requirement on today's date and then try to post.

Why are you trying to post today with a posting date in the future?

Regards,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Peter,

With regards to your questions..

1 - Yes I have released (release approved ) the SA, and the scheduling lines are generated from MRP, meaning I didn't perform manual entry maintainance in ME38. Further, I have executed the ME84 with green color line as output. May I know what is your purpose of this question?

2 - I went to ME38 and manually inserted one line into the SA. See below figures

and in MD04...

Finally, again, with a failed MIGO-GR on this schedule line with posting date as 18th Nov.

Looks like I need to execute the source changes as specified on the note 741385 provided by Jurgen then.

I will find out from business first if this is allow.

Thanks,

Daniel

Petepall
Contributor
0 Kudos

Daniel,

Can you please show the release documentation from ME38 on the scheduling agreement and also has your delivery message been transmitted (show screenshot of message output).

If you have generated an output message but if this is not fully processed then the delivery schedule is not fully processed and the system will not use this one.

Also you are showing the schedule lines, but do you have a creation profile active which might set your requirements again into the future (based on a planning calendar).

From experience such message is showing of the requirements are being received too early or the delivery schedule processing is not fully completed.

The note 741385 refers to a change that was made by SAP where in the past you could post GR against schedule lines that where set into the future and with subsequent changes this ability was removed. Note 741385 provides you with the option to activate this ability again.

You have clearly shown that with the new manual entry that you made, you at present have a requirement that is in the past (13.11 at least according to schedule line overview) so based on this information you should be able to post GR.

By reviewing the ME38 release documentation you would see if your last release with the requirement on 13.11 was transmitted and what dates are exactly in this transmission.