cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Starting with KXEN - [Updated with more info]

former_member193591
Participant
0 Kudos

Apologies I marked this a question, I would like this to be a part of discussion and update this as and when we know more about KXEN:

Would KXEN be the future predictive engine for SAP; Is it an alternate for SAP PA with more robust technology; SAP PA is more recommended for HANA users; As HANA users, we are using SAP PA; PA as such is very easy to use tool and it solves our purpose in Analytics and Visual Intelligence.

[like SAP has BODS and BW- 2 ETL section for different section of customers- though BODS would be able to cover most of BW capabilities-didn want to divert the topic to ETL side];

In one of the post, it was mentioned that SAP was using SPSS as engine and once IBM bought it, SAP moved towards R, which is an open source. now according to the expert SAP PA's cost equation was not balanced as they used open source engine; and so SAP bought KXEN that was in "strong performer's" quadrant;

So now, all said and done SAP has PA & KXEN; any idea how & where all KXEN and PA fit the SAP analytics landscape/ architecture; and How do we start with KXEN, is there a trial version for us to start with. I am excited and eager to start with KXEN;

--------

More information on KXEN-

KXEN has a broad split of tools with Explorer, Modeler & Social network analytics. ... well this looks usual but it is not ...

Social network analysis is a major factor that differentiates KXNE from other tool; [majorly big data] all 400 major clients: other target areas are Turnover, cross sell, upsell, customer experience, fraud analysis & Risk analysis;

Infinite insight is one of the tool used by KXEN, designed as a statistical data mining tool & their algorithms are integrated & Optimized for efficient processing of BIG data;

Other stat packages including SAS, SPSS, SAP PA have libraries of algorithms developed by various contributors focused on maximum likely hood estimation matrix and require highly trained analyst programmers.

It is said that, KXEN product INFINITE INSIGHT build model very fast allowing analyst to leverage their expertise in understanding relationship and tuning models rather than tedious data prep and variable screening:

To explain more ...

TRADITIONAL PROCESS ...

Select variable - reduce 30 variables from 100 that the tool could handle.
     Data Preparation- 60% of the expert's project time [like removing outliers, remove missing data etc.]

Build model & Test- This is an iterative process [average of 3 weeks is anticipated to be aggressive for the above model]

Infinite insight patent Process proposes to shrink this model like this can be done in hours and reduce expert's time .. and of course $$; Apart from that, if integrated with HANA, there will be no dataset sampling problems ... variable selections problems... or processing time problems.

Their patented application is called "Structural Risk Minimization" [they call it SRM-patented by KXEN]- this automates data prep, variable encoding & Variable screening and model validation.

When it comes to output, it provides explanation of the output rather than just the NUMBERS in output; it tells you which contributes to the prediction and their %; confirms the model quality & model robustness. What that numbers mean and explanation of the numbers; It allows you to export executive summary to power point.

SAP Analytics Game changing strategy will be well complimented by KXEN ... with this experts could anticipate SAP along with KXEN would move to  the top of leader's quadrant.

Message was edited by: Arvind Elayappan

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Henry_Banks
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi,

SAP Infinite Insight is now available to purchase alongside Predictive Analysis (and has been since December last year).

Broadly speaking, you have 2 deployment options:

a) the "thick client" Workstation (like PA) -  it is licensed in much the same way. (min. 5 users) It includes Explorer & Modeler.

Or

b) the "zero-footprint" Server version (i.e. 3-tier mode, with java web-start client) - this is licensed per core. (min 20 core)  It also includes other components such as Scorer and Factory.

Another module called Social is available for both. (to indentify relationships & influencers within social networks)

The vision is essentially that the 2 aforementioned clients will become One in the next few months. so you can expect a unified front-end, with all the desirable features retained from each respective solution.

Also, with our sights firmly on "big Data", parts of the InfiniteInsight server architecture will be delegated to our HANA platform and alongside the accelerated PAL, AFL, and R runtimes.

At time of writing, there is no Trial available for the ex-KXEN solution. I have asked, even for Partners (this is being worked on)

The overarching benefit of Infinite Insight is that its learning theory means that the source dataset doesn't need to be simplified (indeed, it should not be), and no algorithms needs to be configured.  Plus, it has fantastic data-encoding possibilities to help 'grow' your statistical dataset (Explorer) without even worrying about covariates, skewers or outliers.

The output is a model which has already undergone dozens of polynomial computer iterations - this product "data mines" the best-choice model available, without overfitting.

It automatically finds the optimum balance,  being both reliable & robust when applied to both test & validation samples. (which is fully automated behind the scenes ) and then you can inject & embedd the model into other application/databases by way of source code or statements. (Scorer)

Finally you can productionise your predictive insights (Factory) by publishing to a web app which has a click-through UI - great for call centers etc.

It's the perfect compliment for the Predictive Analysis portfolio: Lumira's CVOM charting engine + SAP's UI5 technology is going to take "Infinite Insight Modeller's statistical charting options to the next level!!

It won't be long before it circles back into the Lumira Suite (i.e. data discovery exploration & visualisation for the line of business) - then the possibilities for a real-time enterprise, using on-device, predictive analytics, are just endless  

I trust this information is of use to you.

Regards,

H

former_member193591
Participant
0 Kudos

Thank you for the update Harry;

I understand that for all business reason, future plan for SAP is to bring SAP InfiniteInsight & PA together as one 🙂

Regards,

Arvind E

Henry_Banks
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Henry, my name's Henry!

former_member193591
Participant
0 Kudos

Oops! My apologies Henry;

I am on vacation from tomorrow; looks like I am already out of office ... 🙂

RafkeMagic
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Henry Banks wrote:

The output is a model which has already undergone dozens of polynomial computer iterations - this product "data mines" the best-choice model available, without overfitting.

Does that mean that "in the background" a couple of different (and a set number of) algorithms are ran and the one with the best accuracy is picked? If so, which algorithms are being used?

Henry_Banks
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi,

it's referred to as Structural Risk Minimisation (SRM) and is described in detail in the RKT materials:

https://websmp204.sap-ag.de/~IRON/FM/011000358700001174842013E/002007974700000069332014WRK2

as well as the white-papers that are installed locally with the software.

regards,
H

RafkeMagic
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Thanks!

It seems I'm not allowed to access that link with the S-id from my client. Will try this weekend from home with my own id.

Henry_Banks
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

ah ok, maybe just navigate to find "infinite insight" from the entry point www.service.sap.com/rkt looking under "SAP BusinessObjects BI Solutions"

regards,

H

Former Member
0 Kudos

Not authorized to access ... 😞

When will SAP release official Inf.Ins. training for partners, for example throuh the SAP learning hub?

Henry_Banks
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Sure Denis.

For partners, that is already in place

https://websmp106.sap-ag.de/~form/handler?_APP=00200682500000002702&_EVENT=DISPLAY&_HIER_KEY=2011000...

click tab 'solution overview' then SAP InfiniteInsight.

as located under/around the partner portal www.service.sap.com/partneredge/pta

Regards,

H

former_member184871
Contributor
0 Kudos
former_member193591
Participant
0 Kudos

You can directly download Infinite insight through this link SAP IIS [both 32 bit and 64 bit], and if you have SAP PA license, the same might be applicable for this as well; hope this helps 😉

Regards,

Arvind E

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for the partner links and info.

Answers (0)