cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP WebDynpro UI5 - the next potential logical evolution further from SAP WebDynpro Java/ABAP ?

amolgupta
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi fellow SCN Members,

SAP WebDynpro UI5 is a work of my fiction at the moment. I bet that you will find my idea appealing, worth significant consideration and your vote at the below URL -

https://ideas.sap.com/ct/ct_a_view_idea.bix?c=97F64433-5773-403E-A7C6-D7EB3BD6428D&idea_id=D5F4163C-...

PLS DO NOT FORGET TO VOTE AT LINK ABOVE IF YOU APPRECIATE MY IDEA. YOUR VOTE REALLY COUNTS HERE AND CAN MAKE A DIFFERENCE !!!

Pls note that SAP WebDynpro UI5 is not an existing product but my independent recommendation whose details are given below.

SAP WebDynpro Java

--------------------------------

SAP WebDynpro Java is based on MVC and metamodel declarations such that exact application code is generated later in Java/J2EE based on the designtime declarations provided by developer.

SAP WebDynpro ABAP

-----------------------------------

SAP WebDynpro ABAP reuses the "WebDynpro" concepts just changing the programming medium to ABAP and provides some more features as it is closer to the ABAP stack server/database.

SAP WebDynpro UI5

---------------------------------

It would be great if the SAP WebDynpro concepts can be extended to SAP UI5 such that metamodel declarations given by a user in WebDynpro perspective in NWDS generate SAP UI5 code. I am proposing SAP WebDynpro UI5 like SAP WebDynpro Java and SAP WebDynpro ABAP.

This will help developer with existing WebDynpro skillset take advantage of existing WebDynpro expertise. Also business users will be able to enjoy the latest look and feel and features provided by SAP UI5.

Existing concepts of NWDI, SCs, DCs, wizards, BAPI/WebService/EJB integrations can also be put to reuse along with WebDynpro concept, combination of all of which have matured into tried, tested and trusted portfolio of custom development solutions in an SAP environment. Adding WebDynpro UI5 will be another feather in the cap.

SAP Business Process Management (BPM) and SAP Process Orchestration (PO) can further take advantage of integrations with WebDynpro UI5 for Human Activities by providing business users with state if art User Interface (UI).

We kindly ask you to answer some questions before submitting your idea.

NOTE: *Your answers are ONLY visible to Admins*

Which product release you are using?

SAP EP 7.31

How critical is this enhancement for your landscape? Please provide as much detail.

The SAP WebDynpro Java developer community is offended and upset as SAP is not actively marketing WebDynpro Java any more in favour of SAP WebDynpro ABAP and SAP UI5. Many WebDynpro Java developers feel that their WebDynpro Java skillset is now wasted.

SAP WebDynpro UI5 will not only help WebDynpro Java experts leverage their "WebDynpro" skillset but also resources within SAP could be put to good use by deciding to extend existing concepts with the latest SAP UI5 technology. Also it will lead to greater adoption of SAP UI5 and create a win-win situation for SAP WebDynpro Java Developers, SAP Business Users and SAP itself and help SAP regain lost trust with the SAP WebDynpro Java developer community.

SAP WebDynpro UI5 seems to be the right logical evolution from SAP WebDynpro Java, evolving into SAP WebDynpro ABAP, evolving further towards SAP WebDynpro UI5 !

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

junwu
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

just voted

Answers (0)