cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mass user maintenance BPC 10 MS

Former Member

Hi,

I have been searching and looking for how to export/import security in BPC 10 for MS for quite some time now and I can not find how to do this.

I need to be able to export security for, Users, Teams, Task Profiles and Data Access Profiles. I have found out that in the Administration client you can Import/Export Security but this only handles the ID's and descriptions and not for example the Member Access per model on the Data Access Profiles.

I found some information about how this can be done in BPC 7.5 for MS with the OsoftTaskUserSecurity.dll which seems to be taken away in version 10.

I found that the Data access profiles information together with member access can be found in dbo.acsEntity, db.MemberAccess and dbo.Profiles but I hope there is another way to do mass export / import of security.

Can someone give me a helping hand here?

Brgds

Mattias

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Forgot about this post, but the solution I finally used was to modify the tables directly in the SQL db, that was the only way that I could really do mass maintannce of the authorization.

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

former_member186498
Active Contributor

Hi Matthias,

the OsoftTaskUserSecurity.dll isn't present in 7.5 version, you can be found it in the link of the appendix B of How To ... Mass Import Security for BPC MS. I didn't see other versions.

Regards

Roberto

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Roberto,

I will give it a try even if it says up to version 7.5 (and I am running 10)...

Brgds

Mattias

former_member186498
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Mattias,

I think the problem is just the sql version with 2008 you shouldn't have issues.

Regards

Roberto

Former Member
0 Kudos

unfortunetly I use sql server 2012

Thinking about if I should do the ugly way through the tables directly, dbo.acsEntity, dbo.MemberAccess and dbo.Profile...

former_member186498
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Mattias,

it should works too with 2012, see please backward compatibility in 1707410 - Supporting SQL Server 2012 (DM Package)

see also Business Planning and Consolidation Security Migration MS to NW maybe you found something helpful.

Regards

Roberto

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mattias,

As you mentioned, there is an Import/Export Security tool in the BPC Admin console, but it is not as full featured as you would like. If you have specific changes you would like to see, I highly recommend you submit the request to the SAP Idea Place (link) which is reviewed and used by the product managers to help determine future enhancements. Information on this is in SAP Note 1515837.

Thanks,

Scott

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Scott,

Thank you for your suggestion.

I have posted the request to the SAP Idea Place to automate the mass import of users. In our case we cannot use the previous SSIS package because the dll is only for the SQL Server 2008 and we use the SQL Server 2012 and there is no possibility to schedule the Import/Export Security tool in the BPC Admin

So please vote if you also have this need.

https://ideas.sap.com/ct/ct_a_view_idea.bix?c=9B553FA1-F055-41AC-B9DF-08D3F9BC684A&idea_id=76797E85-...

Request number :  D12226

Thanks

Ksenia

Former Member
0 Kudos

Voted.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I may be over simplifying this request, but can you just use the Securty Reports (Security Audit - Data Access Profiles) from the Web Console and just run/export to excel/.CSV format? I wasn't sure what you were looking to do with this information once available.

Thanks,

Brian

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Brian,

I am aware of that functionality but that is only for export I would like to be able to import together with member access....

I think I need to create around 400 data access profiles which is nothing I look forward to do manually the reason for that big amount is that I will set up Read and Read-Write per entity both legal entitities and operational entities.

I will see how I solve this, it's a one timer but still pain to do, I tested updating the tables back end and so far I don't see a problem with that..

//Mattias

Former Member
0 Kudos

Excellent... just something to consider with version 10, you do have the ability to have certain intersections of your data/report as either Get Only ranges if using EVDREs still, or the Read Only tab in Edit Report within EPM10 Report Designer...

Depending on what your trying to do, you can also look into Work Status as far as locking certain intersections of data too... just wasn't sure what you already were aware of, or other possible solutions for your task at hand.

Or, you could always just hire an intern for 2 days of data entry

Good Luck!

Brian

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mattias,

Have you found a solution ? I have the same issue.

Thanks,

Ksenia