cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Some objects no longer available in the universe

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

We are using two version of BO: 3.1 and 4.1 SP5 FP7.

Generally when we have report in 3.1 we can refresh it in 4.0 also (of course there are two diffrent universes).

But sometimes I get very strange error. In 3.1 report work fine but when I open it in 4.0 ant try to refresh I got info:

'Some objects no longer available in the universe (WIS00001)'

It's strange because all objects exists in universe (in old one and new one) and I have to add missing objects one more time and report work fine, but it's very frustrating.

Do you have any idea what/why it happened?

Cheers

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Henry_Banks
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi,

What do you mean by "when i open it in 4.0" ?  How are you moving objects between environments?  can you confirm:

• UMT for the content upgrade ?
  • LCM for moving between DEV-PROD ?

Anyway, it seems to me, the warning message is correct, because you can fix the issue by including the missing object?

Regards,

H

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Henry,

I'm not using any of above tools.

Generally where I have report in 3.1 (saved locally) and I want to refresh it in 4.0 I just open this report in RichClient (ver.standalone) and refresh it. In 98% it works but sometimes there is a problem with missing objects in universe (but there are this objects).

In UMT can I upgrade .wid file from 3.1 to BI Laucnh Pad?

Manikandan, can you tell me more about running integrity ?

Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Regarding to 1598920 - I did it al the time but I would liek to avoid doing taht, because it's tricky. I have many veriable which take data from missing fields so I have to check every variable etc. It's a time consuming.

The last one isn't released yet.

Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am not sure why you are not able to see the last note. It has been released. Please find the content of the note mentioned below.

Now this note mentions that issue is resolved in 3.1 SP6. Possibly the issue should also be seen in higher patch of 4.0. You can try to upgrade the server to 4.1 SP2 and see how it works

Symptom
  • Unable to run a Web Intelligence document having a subquery with two objects
    (or more)
  • Error: "Some objects are no longer available in the universe. See your
    Business Objects administrator. (Error: WIS 00001)"
Environment

• SAP Business Objects Enterprise XI 3.1 SP5 and above
  • Sybase 15.2
Reproducing the Issue

1. Create an universe from Sybase ( having at least one class and two objects)
  2. Save the universe then export it to repository
  3. Create a new Web Intelligence document based on that universe
  4. Add an object in the Result Objects section of the query panel and create a
    subquery in Query Filters section, e.g:
    “Object 1  object2  In list Object 1 
    Obejct2 Where Object1 Matches Pattern Value"
  5. Click on “SQL” or try to run the query, an error message appears: "Some
    objects are no longer available in the universe. See your Business Objects
    administrator. (Error: WIS 00001)"
Cause
The issue has been identified and logged under Problem Report ID
ADAPT01640932
Resolution
This issue is scheduled to be addressed in Service Pack 6. However, this is
on a best endeavour basis and not a guarantee of delivery in this release. The
targeted Fix Pack/Service Pack may change without prior notification.
Former Member
0 Kudos

thanks for copy KBA, but it doesn't work.

But I noticed little difrences between problematic objects. In 4.0 when I add new table in universe I see: Dim_City, but in 3.1 I see dbo.Dim_City. May it be a problem?

And where I can change it?

Regards

Henry_Banks
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Ah ha! Therein lies you're problem.  Your workflow is unsupported, it's not correct practice.

The UMT tool is there to upgrade content to the new 4.x standards, everything else just isn't valid.

Your likely introducing regressions because bi4 clients aren't backward compatible to Xi3.

Please use the correct upgrade and promotion steps, and let us know if that improves the situation. (it will)

Regards,

H

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

when u run the report from BO 3 to BO 4, Since you are using 2 universe, some objects are not available in Universe. u plz check the universe current report where you running the report.

former_member182521
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Try running integrity check in both versions and look for inconsistencies if any.You can also try with Universe documentor COM SDK utility for end to end universe documentation and comparison

vian_abduljalil
Participant
0 Kudos

hello ,

I have the issue with Crystal Report enterprise , when I try to choose some object from the univers så I get this error massage:

Some objects are not available to your user profile. You cannot refresh this document. See your Business Objects administrator. (Error: WIS 00002),

I searched for solution and found that the reason was this:

You do not have the correct user rights to access the data for one or more

objects included in a query. As you are not permitted to access the data for

these objects, you cannot refresh the report

and for resolving this issue I need to change some user profile to make

these objects accessible.

can someone show me how I can give this Rights to the user in Business Object?

thank you

/Vian

former_member182521
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

One thing clearly evident is that Object level security is being implemented at universe level which impacts you by restricting appropriate objects when they are being used in report level. To See object level security implemented at universe level

- Right click on the universe (in CMC)

- Select universe security

- validate security applied for the Group the user belongs to.

Let us know if you need any clarification.

Regards

Mani